The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 21, 2007, 01:19 PM   #1
Chargera134

Burris customer service problem

Burris has had my Signature Select 6-24x since 18 June. On my first call, the Burris tech couldn't find my scope, and he said that it is in some other part of the repair shop (polishing) but couldn't find any repair info on their computer system. He told me to check back later. On the second call at six weeks, I was told that the scope was out for recoil testing, would be done soon, and shipped.

I then received a voice message TWO WEEKS ago that they 'found' my scope (was it lost?) and would ship it out in the next couple of days. Obviously, I have not received it, so today I called and the tech said that there wasn't anything repaired ("...nothing wrong with it.") and that it would ship in the next couple of days.

I don't understand why they have kept my scope for nine weeks (so far) if they did not find anything wrong with it. I spent $16 on shipping because it is defective; I had problems with it on my Ruger#1 in 22-250. It shot very low and very left with the scope's adjusters centered, and moving the turrets would barely zero it @100 yds (windage was max'd out). The scope that it was to replace, a Simmons 6-24x, zeroed with the turrets centered using the Ruger factory rings, so the rings should not be the problem. I even swapped the scopes again with the same problem on the Burris. I also noticed that the reticle did not change the POI consistently as if it was sticking; I did not report this since I figured that they would blame my shooting anyway.

I finally called Burris to complain, but they only have one published phone number. When I spoke to the operator, she said that the customer service manager was out, and I would have to leave a voice mail. When the manager's mailbox greeting started, I realized that it is the same person that has been giving me the runaround.

Does anyone know of another way to contact Burris management, not the (970) 356-1670 number? Or is complaining about Burris customer service a lost cause?
Old August 21, 2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Toolman

I would suggest you check their "contact us" section on their website & send them an email stating how upset you are. Follow that up with a letter.

I had a similiar problem with a new Bushnell scope. I sent it back four times before they finally resolved the problem. The second time I returned it they said if it broke again they would replace it. It broke, again, after less than 50 rounds. I sent it back, did not pay the $10 fee they wanted & they returned it "fixed" instead of replacing it. I called them, they said to try it & they assured me it was ok.
It broke again, less than 50 rounds, so I sent it back with a letter saying that I did not want that scope back, no matter what, because everytime I used it, it reminded me of all the hassle & embarrassment I'd gone thru & they could keep it, period. I told them to do what they felt was the right thing to do. They sent me a new scope & I've not had any problems with that one. I'm happy and they have kept a customer.
Old August 21, 2007, 11:07 PM   #3
Chargera134

Email was useless...

I already emailed a detailed description of my problem and only received a standard response:

"The 6x-24x will have a total of 22” adjustment or 11” adjustment in any direction from optical center. The Signature series scopes have roughly 40% larger internal lenses which decreases internal adjustment but greatly increases light transmission and optical clarity. This means the scope must be more closely aligned with the bore before any adjustment on the scope is used. The other scope mentioned has very small internal lenses which increases the internal adjustment but decreases the optical quality even further. So, the scope must be more closely aligned with the bore before the adjustments should be used.

As for the Target Knobs they are not designed to re-zero the rotation counter, the numbers on the center section. Only the top portion of the dial can be re-zero’d.

Thank you,
Burris Company
"

My question of the scope not being aligned internally (defect) wasn't answered, but I was told that the rotation counter can't be zeroed. Of course not- it doesn't rotate, only the turret knob does!
Old August 22, 2007, 12:00 AM   #4
Wildalaska

Leupold.

Sell the Burris.

WildtheyaretheworstAlaska
Old August 23, 2007, 05:06 PM   #5
Toolman

+1 Wildalaska