The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Closed Thread

Old February 25, 2000, 07:55 AM   #1
Judge Blackhawk

Well I know this aint much dealin with guns, but I just have to say, that at my last Cowboy match, I was moved to tears.

All us wanna be cowboys were decked out in our cowboy attire and all just talking and waiting for the match to start.

Then from over in the corner of the match grounds, two lone cowboys were carrying a small blue triangle with little white stars on it. There was no fanfare, there was no call to order.
But everyone of those cowboys stopped talking, turned towards the two cowboys and removed their hats, the ladies placed their hands over their hearts. Ever so softly from a small radio came the haunting sounds of our National Anthem. It seemed as though even the wind stopped to listen and watch as our Nations colors were presented on a solotairey flag pole at a cowboy action shoot in a town that no one in our Nations Capital seems to care about.

I wonder how many other flags are flown over the cowboy matches, gun shoots and gun shows in this nation. And I wonder how many flags are flown at the media get togethers and the liberal outtings that they do.

Yes I am proud to be an American, and so proud of my fellow Cowboy shooters. God bless each and everyone of you and may the Good Lord grant us as Americans the will and the fortitude to stand proud and keep America free.

Judge Blackhawk

Old February 25, 2000, 09:53 AM   #2
Jack Straw

Judge Blackhawk,

This was a wonderful way to start my day. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Jack
Old February 25, 2000, 10:42 AM   #3
Gunslinger

I don't know about the post not being gun related. In fact I think it is very relavent to guns, the constitution and freedom. I can not see that the three things can be seperated.
In fact may I humbly suggest that this thread be moved to the General Discussion forum to be shared with all the members since some do not make it down here with the cowboys often. I think it may generate some very stimulating discussion.
Thank you for sharing Judge.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Old February 25, 2000, 12:45 PM   #4
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Howdy Judge,

Thanks for those thoughts. I'm reminded every day that the true patriots in this country are those that believe in RKBA and other stones in the foundation upon which this country was built.

Gunslinger,

I agree-a lot more folks would see this fine post if it were over in General. Therefore,I hope the Judge will understand my reasoning behind closing it here and moving it over there.

Bellicose Bill
Closed Thread