The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 7, 2007, 02:58 PM   #26
Manedwolf

Nope, totally gave up on them after a $17 item of less than a lb showed a shipping cost of $19.

Uh.

No.

I'd be curious to see how many web user sessions terminate in an exit and abort of the order process when they see the shipping cost!
Old November 4, 2007, 05:30 PM   #27
David Smith

Cheaper than Dirt

I made a visit to their store found service poor. I quit ordering from them as shipping is to high. Tx 8% tax is a killer also. Selection is not good at store or it could have been lack of service. I would have spent one hell of a lot of money while at the store but service sucks.
Old November 4, 2007, 08:46 PM   #28
Sigma 40 Blaster

I've bought some holsters and mags from them that I couldn't find on midway or other sites. Well, I could find them but ONE place didn't have everything I needed so I went with them to avoid duplicate shipping fees.

It just depends on what you're looking for, I wouldn't buy components or ammo from them but they have some good affordable accessories.
Old November 6, 2007, 12:07 PM   #29
Dos

Fee after fee after fee....and i'm in TX so there's TAX on top of fee after fee after fee...no thanks..cheaper than dirts has bcome OLDER than dirt..they're probably chargin tax on tax by now....good riddance
Old November 6, 2007, 12:19 PM   #30
The Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widder
Their prices are high.
I agree--using a selective opinion.

Using your contacts with merchants, you might negotiate a better deal. You might find better prices by playing in the computer. I know I do, but then I might work late into the evening.

The benefit of companies like CTD is that they offer a wide selection of products all in one place.

I can only do business in a small local area due to my resellers license. But I usually beat then on knife/sharpening products.

I might be prejudiced, but I still believe that if you walked into a shop of a local guy with a wad of cash, and sincerely negotiated pricing without being Richard A. Cranium, you could beat CTD every day.