The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 18, 2011, 08:36 AM   #26
hooligan1

Frankenmauser that's absolutely breathtaking!! I'm totally in awe at the scenery you hunt,,,, totally awesome dude!!! Hat's off man your an excellent photographer!!On top of a fine handloader/hunter/rifleman.....do you do weddings???!! WOW!
Old September 18, 2011, 08:57 AM   #27
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

You find all manner of interesting places in the desert.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...1&d=1042176038 Three different geologic formations at one spot, and water where the sun only briefly hits.

And canyons: http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...7&d=1174833863 and for another view: http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...7&d=1174833863

At sundown: http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...7&d=1174833863
Old September 18, 2011, 12:24 PM   #28
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Standing under an old bur oak looking over the frozen swamp, very still and you have a chickadee perched on the brim of your cap and a chipmunk standing with his little feet on the toe of your boot looking up at you. Priceless. Just between you and me it is one of the reasons I hunt.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old September 18, 2011, 01:59 PM   #29
FrankenMauser

Art, all of your links redirect to this message:
Quote:
FrankenMauser, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. If you are attempting to create a thread in the Gun Show forums, be sure to read the rules thread posted at or near the top of the forum. You need to meet a few criteria as shown in that thread before you are allowed to start a thread in the Gun Show. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old September 18, 2011, 03:02 PM   #30
kraigwy

The kill is at the bottom of my list in regards to hunting.

Nothing beats getting smacked with granddaughters snowballs while glassing a hillside. Chocolate pancakes, raw in the middle, burnt on the outside. Having to put her cold feet on your stomach to thaw them out while cooking hot chocolate.

Being the only people in elk camp with snowmen.

And the spike camp

Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old September 18, 2011, 04:19 PM   #31
shortwave

Beautiful pics guys.

The 'high-lights' and most memorable of my hunts have been when the kids were very young. We would be out in a deer blind and I'd sit there watching their eyes getting heavy till they fell asleep. I'd then have to wake them when a deer would come into view.

Then we would get home and they would brag to their mother how they spotted the big deer that day.

Well, I'm fortunate enough to go throught the same thing with the grandkids today.

I've got some very respectable bucks/turkeys/fish on the wall but would never trade the memories I have of spending time affield with the kids for harvesting a trophy.
Old September 18, 2011, 04:53 PM   #32
PawPaw

I taught all my boys to hunt and camp and now I'm teaching grankids. Grandson Zach spent the day on the lease with me yesterday and he seemed infatuated with an uncle's 4-wheeler. He's grown up on my Kawa Mule, but that motorcycle seat seemed to get his motor running.

Being in the outdoors is enough sometimes.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old September 18, 2011, 09:27 PM   #33
Win73

Here in Alabama we don't have the wide open spaces like out West (where I like to travel on vacation!) but we still can see some spectacular sights.

I was deer hunting from my portable ground blind. I had entered it before daylight. Had my camera with me in case I killed a deer. I didn't but this sight made it all worthwhile.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.