The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 14, 2008, 11:38 PM   #1
pod

can someone show me the best to buy?

after looking at this site for help http://www.hkpro.com/hkconversions.htm

I still have no clue what is the best auto to get with all the jargon of SBR / multi caliber sear / 2 tax stamp / registered reciever / push pin ....

I'm never gonna be hardcore, I just want some guns that I don't later regret buying. I'm wanting to collect them and take them out to shoot maybe a couple times. can some people please help in showing me what is the best auto that are upgraded to top and can't be anymore? I'm looking at these sites for guns and if you could show me what is the best HK's to get, I think I will get an idea for what to look for. thanks for any help guys

http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/nfa1.html
http://www.dealernfa.com/Machine%20Guns.htm

if I can give an example, this is the best of an MP5 you can buy???
http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/ralphmp5.html

thanks you for bearing with my questions as I don't have alot of time to read up on guns
Old December 15, 2008, 04:55 AM   #2
Powderman

First of all, where are you located?

If you are in the United States, then there are a few things you must do first. The very best way to get accurate information is to go here:

www.atf.gov

and contact the Compliance division. They can walk you through the proper paperwork.

Now, as for that gun in the pictures, looks like an actual MP5, with a Gemtech QD mount on the front for a suppressor. Kewl beanz--as long as it's a pre-'86 fully transferable gun.
Old December 15, 2008, 11:06 AM   #3
flight954

If you have that kind of money to spend, build a few supressed SBR's. The cool factor of full auto wears off rather quickly.
Old December 15, 2008, 11:37 AM   #4
David Hineline

I still have no clue what is the best auto to get with all the jargon of SBR / multi caliber sear / 2 tax stamp / registered reciever / push pin ....

SBR is a short barreled rifle, multi caliber sear means nothing, people though by registering the sear in mulitiple calibers you could move it from gun to gun in any caliber, you can but registering calibers on the sear is not why and does not make a difference, 2 tax stamp gun means you have a registered sear, and a registered short rifle together making 2 tax stamps, a silencer would make a third tax stamp. Registered receiver means the receiver of the gun is a machinegun and if done properly will accept all machinegun parts without modification. Push pin means the receiver has a push pin for a swing down lower just like a factory machineguns. If not a push pin then it will have a clip on lower which is a push pin lower modified to clip onto a semi auto receiver.
Old December 15, 2008, 03:00 PM   #5
pod

^ thank you guys for all the information. All of you have been very helpful !!

I am in MA right now, but moving to OH in a couple weeks. And as I understand it, I just need an LLC which my lawyer can setup for me. If I'm missing something please let me know, but thank you once again
Old December 15, 2008, 03:07 PM   #6
Wiskey_33

Doesn't have to be an LLC. You can set up an individual trust or the corporation.
Old December 15, 2008, 04:41 PM   #7
pod

ok, I just talked to someone from onlythebest , and am now walking with more confidence.

Will hopefully have some pictures to show later on next year