The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 3, 2008, 03:29 PM   #1
sluggo3243

concealed holster

Help folks, I am shopping for a concealed holster, D. M. Bullard has one that works either IWB or the clips can be changed around to carry on the belt. I also like the looks of the Galco Concealable, any input would be appreciated. Gun will be 45ACP w/ 4" barrel. thnx
Old April 3, 2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Nekron

I use a Galco Concealable for my 5" 1911 and it works great, I'd recommend it.
Old April 3, 2008, 05:25 PM   #3
MSgt G

Think about what type of clothing you will be wearing with your new holster. If wearing a sportscoat or something simular, or if you wear your shirt untucked, most any type of holster will work fine. If you like to wear your shirt tucked in, like I do 99% of the time, you'll need a "tuckable" holster. There are several types out that are great. One that I currently use, and it's very comfortable, is the Dakota Defender from K&D Holsters. It even has a "felt" backing that makes wearing it next to your body even more comfortable. You can check out their website at www.kdholsters.com.
Old April 3, 2008, 06:36 PM   #4
PSP

Here's the Galco Concealable on my 5'10", 200 # (lean, mean eating machine), frame. I really like this holster. It fits close to the body, holds the gun securely, draws nice and is made of quality materials and has a good forward rake just right for where I carry.
Old April 3, 2008, 06:50 PM   #5
Kreyzhorse

I use a Galco Fletch OWB holster very similar to the concealable pictured above for my 1911. My Fletch has a thumb break for extra retention however but other than that, the two holsters appear very similar. I find that Galco makes good holsters at a fair price. Mine hugs my body very well and I was actually surprised how well my Galco made my 1911 disappear.

If you buy one take a look at the site below. Good prices and good customer service. I've bought several holsters from them and haven't been disappointed yet.

http://store.packinheatleather.com/index.html
Old April 5, 2008, 01:28 PM   #6
QBall45

I carry my Springer Champion SS in a Galco Concealable OWB. I love it.
Sold a Galco Fletch when I sold my px4. Another nice product.

As important as the holster is the belt that you use to support it.
Old April 5, 2008, 02:57 PM   #7
W. C. Quantrill

I carry an STI Trojan .45 in a Don Hume IWB. I have no complaints. It is outta sight, outta mind under a sport coat, sweat shirt, or square tailed shirt outta the pants.
Old April 5, 2008, 10:36 PM   #8
DBotkin

I'm thinking seriously about a De Santis Scabbard -- anyone know anything good, bad or otherwise about them? Slim pickin's locally, so I'll probably have to order it without trying one out, which sucks.