The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 21, 2010, 04:34 PM   #1
circuit rider

Redding Lube

As most of my loading is BPCR I'm not on here that often. I'm loading for my FNA1 and would like to know if anyone has experience with Redding- Imperial Application Media? In the Redding catalog it's item # 07900. How well it works, how many cases it will lube, etc. Thanks,Circuit Rider
Old August 21, 2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Bruno2

Location: Not saying b/c I dont want any of you crazy people to rob or kill me. Alright it's Tulsa , Oklahoma
I like the resizing wax. I have heard complaints of it building up in your dies, but , I havent experienced it yet. The small tub is almost a lifetime supply IMHO. I bought the big tub and I dont see myself using it up in the next 10 yrs.
Old August 21, 2010, 05:53 PM   #3
amamnn

I have not used the application media--but if you read the information about the product, you will note that it is just a tool with which to apply #07700"Improvederial Dry Neck Lube," which is graphite. I have the Redding graphite and use a different application method. I should say--used. Graphite is messy Messy MESSY. It works no better than fine ground mica--AKA "white graphite" which is a lot easier to clean up.
Old August 22, 2010, 06:38 PM   #4
johnjohn

The sizing wax is first rate stuff that lasts almost forever.
Old August 22, 2010, 11:10 PM   #5
Bruno2

Location: Not saying b/c I dont want any of you crazy people to rob or kill me. Alright it's Tulsa , Oklahoma
The technique for applying dry lube for neck lubing was described to me like this. Put some #9 shot in a little tin like a breath mint tin and add about 1/4 tsp of graphite or mica to it . Shake the tin in order to disperse the dry lube over the shot. Then simply push the case neck into it a few times for application.
Old August 25, 2010, 07:41 PM   #6
circuit rider

Guys, Thanks for the information. Will try the mica with shot. Circuit Rider