The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 19, 2006, 11:57 PM   #1
jfrey123

Watched "Standoff" tonight...

This question is for anyone who also watched "Standoff" on Fox tonight. It was the one with the Chinese criminal who had his daughter kidnapped.

In the raid at the end, one of the SWAT guys was wielding a new type of battle rifle that a friend of mine saw a few weeks ago on Discovery channel's future weapons show.

He described it as an advanced battle rifle that has a break near the end of the barrel/full stock. You're supposed to be able to open that break, swing the end of the barrel around a corner and use a flip out screen to view what the camera on the end of the barrel sees. It's also equipped with a Glock 17 on the end of the barrel that's electronically operated and aimed through that mini screen.

I know that makes very little sense, but if anyone knows the rifle I speak of, WHAT IS IT?! It looks rad, and I want to read up on it myself.
Old September 20, 2006, 12:04 AM   #2
Hedley

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN
Old September 20, 2006, 07:20 AM   #3
silicon wolverine

Its called "cornershot" and its merely a stock with a video camera attached. Unfortunatly for us poor untrustworthy civilians we can have one because it becomes a SBR.

SW
Old September 20, 2006, 07:05 PM   #4
rhgunguy

I didn't think that they were deployed yet. Would be interesting to know how they got one for the show.

On a side note, I do love the show, Ron Livingston is from my area.