The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 22, 2012, 06:02 PM   #26
dgludwig

Quote:
Fell apart (literally) right in the middle of a competition.
I'm having a hard time envisioning how any quality 1911 pistol could literally "fall apart" (short of a "ka-boom") while shooting it. Care to describe what happened?
Old October 22, 2012, 09:06 PM   #27
Micahweeks

My favorite 1911 I've ever shot was the Nighthawk Custom T3. Not a year later, I shot the Sig C3. I was very impressed. I looked at it kind of like a "poor" man's T3. I then shot another Sig 1911 of the same size (don't remember the model name). Even more impressive. I've decided to get one as soon as funds permit. Hopefully, that will keep me satisfied until I can afford my very own T3.

Since then, I've shot the XO and another railed Sig. I haven't had anything but good experiences. As much as I love my STI Spartan and Para GI Expert, I'll probably sell one to help fund my Sig purchase. So, if you couldn't tell by now, I'm a big fan.
Old October 22, 2012, 09:44 PM   #28
dondulah

Lots of Sig 1911 love on this forum. I like that. I'm glad folks don't get caught up in the external extractor and slide profile as much as other places. Their extractor just flat out works. I don't see much negative at all on any of their latest models.
Old October 23, 2012, 08:43 AM   #29
mitchntx

My 1911 grouping ... 3 of them are Sigs ...

C3, STX and Nightmare. All are quality shooters ...