The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 19, 2004, 03:46 PM   #1
Ironbarr

TFL Farewell - not available?

First, let me say that I may have missed something in the new format - please bear with me. Thanks.

I see that TFL Farewell has been dropped from access. I can find posts in it by checking my (big) subscription listing. But while in that listing I cannot reply to any thread and bring it BTT. For instance as TFL was signing off Navy joe was formulating a list of Virginians and asking for write-in. BrokenPaw volunteered a server for a maillist. I could ask both of them what came of it, but the object of bringing it BTT was(is) to open the subject again to provide notice and interest to VA members.

At this point, I will contact Navy joe and BrokenPaw re the status of the list, but I'm more concerned with the fact that in reviewing one's subscription list there is no way to reply to a post from there... it appears that I(you) have to leave the listing and go to the forum.

That might be okay later when there's a lot of "now" threads, but a lot of pre-closing material is apt today. It would be nice to reply from one's subscription list.

An alternative, temporary or otherwise, would be to re-open TFL Farewell to let some of that potential traffic to rise to the top.

FWIW

Thanks for your consideration.

-Andy
Ironbarr