The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 30, 2012, 11:19 AM   #26
Officer's Match

I'd dump the Sig, but mainly because I've never liked them. Their ergo's suck for me.
Old December 30, 2012, 11:46 AM   #27
gator1gear

I'd keep the G26. You already posted that you carry it 90% of the time, there's a reason for that. It's already working for you. You can almost go to the local Quiktrip and buy mags and accessories for it, it just makes sense.
Old December 30, 2012, 12:45 PM   #28
freebird72

Keep the one that is the most reliable and you shoot the best. If you love the Sig and it has been the most reliable and shoots the best, then keep it. If the Glock is the most reliable and it shoots the best, keep it. If they both are the same as far as reliability goes and you shoot them both fairly well , keep the Sig since you "Love" it. You never sell a gun you love; though, reliability trumps "Love" every time.

Also, ask yourself this. If the stuff was to hit the fan tomorrow, and you could only take one gun with you, which one would it be? That should give you the answer to the one you should keep.
Old December 30, 2012, 12:49 PM   #29
freebird72

Another thing I meant to add was this. If you have a gun friendly friend, sell the one of the guns to them for a discounted price on the terms that once you are on your feet again financially, you can buy the gun back at the same price.
Old December 30, 2012, 01:27 PM   #30
tahunua001

I much prefer sigs to glocks but the 26 is just all around better suited to EDC, the sig, being a service sized pistol would be difficult to adapt to that duty.
Old December 30, 2012, 07:51 PM   #31
thinktwice

That's a hard one. I have both also (well the Sig is a 239 9mm) and they are both box stock.( I do have a couple G- 19 and G-17 mags for the 26) I would hate to let either go as I know you do. But from your standpoint and carry the G-26 90% of the time I guess I would let the Sig go. Most of the time I am carrying my G-33 even though it's not a real common round I would hate to see it go to. But trust me if there is any way to keep both, I mean anyway at all try to keep them both. Anyway you look at it you are going to regret it, and who knows whats going to happen down the road, hell we might not be able to buy a pistol at all. I know that's a long shot but hey........... "I am just say'n.
Old December 30, 2012, 09:15 PM   #32
FlySubCompact

Keep the 26. Agree with tomrkba......except that I'd use the Xgrip brand sleeve on the G19 mag. I really like the Xgrip deal. No pinch and it doesn't move. Gives a "boring" Glock a different/nice grip.
Old December 30, 2012, 10:49 PM   #33
Pico

Sell the Sig

Love the Sig but if you need money bad enough, get all you can and that means selling the more valuable piece. I think you will wish you hadn't though so make sure selling either one of these fine handguns is a last resort.

Pico
Old December 31, 2012, 12:34 AM   #34
Hook686

Who do you plan to sell them to for those prices ?

When the number of people in institutions reaches 51%, we change sides.
Old December 31, 2012, 06:42 AM   #35
Dr_2_B

Live to fight another day

I agree that keeping the G26 makes the most sense. It's versatile, it's more carry-able, and you're accustomed to carrying it.

But another day will soon come when you are in a better financial position and you can buy again. At that point, you can buy another SIG or you can buy what suits you at that time.
Old December 31, 2012, 11:27 AM   #36
pete2

Keep the one you like the best. Pretty hard for me to be attached to either of these except as a tool.
Old May 17, 2014, 09:59 PM   #37
JonathanZ

Here is a really old thread, but...

I kept my Glock 26 and sold my Sig P226, and have never regretted it. Guns are tools to me, and the Sig was just a fun gun, even as much as I loved it. I could carry it, yes, but it was too big and heavy for comfortable EDC. I think I got $975 for the gun, 6 mags, holster and one box of HST ammo.

Ended up trading one of my revolvers and getting an LCP, which has made its way into my EDC rotation when I wear gym shorts or anything without a belt. This gun is a nice compliment to my G26. Could have only sold my LCP package for around $350, so that was never a consideration.

I currently own 3 handguns...

Glock 26
LCP
GP100

...and all have a purpose, as the GP100 is my camping gun, loaded with 180 grain Buffalo Bore hard casts. Loved that Sig, but I definitely made the right decision for me.
Old May 17, 2014, 10:33 PM   #38
Tactical Jackalope

SIG all the way man.

Mine is my CCW, work, night stand...you name it. It's a P226 and 9mm with and SRT trigger. Check out my post on "whats keeping you protected". That'll sum it all up on my end.

Mercedes vs Honda Civic.
Except with the equal amount of low maintenance and reliability. Not to mention, both really easy to take apart and clean.

All boils down to personal preference.
Old May 17, 2014, 11:11 PM   #39
Dirty_Harry

Sell both and get a glock 19 or fns-9.

But I would choose the sig between the two.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." -John Wayne
Old May 18, 2014, 01:24 AM   #40
Pond, James Pond

The OP has just clarified which decision was made a whole 18 months ago!!

I think the time for advice has passed!!

Personally, I say good call from a practical and financial POV. Not an easy choice to make, but it seems that any heartbreak has passed and you're happy with how things have turned out!

Last edited by Pond, James Pond; May 18, 2014 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Maths
Old May 18, 2014, 01:46 AM   #41
jamrock

If I could only own one gun it would be a glock 17 or 19.

But in your case I would keep the German Sig and sell the glock only because finding another german sig could be a pain.

Last edited by jamrock; May 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old May 18, 2014, 06:31 AM   #42
Leejack

I'd love the sig, but given the circumstance keep the glock.
Old May 18, 2014, 06:35 AM   #43
foxytwo

I am not really fond of the glock, I like sigs. If you carry the glock most of the time that is the one to keep. Having a carry weapon is more important than the one that stays home.
Old May 18, 2014, 06:53 AM   #44
darkgael

one?

One handgun?
Hmmm?

It'd be one of my 1911s. Everything that I want from a handgun is there.
And, at this point, I can reload cartridges more cheaply than I can buy .22s.
Pete
Old May 18, 2014, 06:58 AM   #45
kcub

Since you can pocket carry the baby Glock keep it.

I wouldn't sell a gun I wanted unless its for up front medical costs for you or a loved one. To me most of the value of money is the guns it can buy.

If its for medical costs after the fact, just stiff 'em. It won't affect your credit as it's easily explained. Why should Americans pay 10 times what the rest of the world pays? To hell with supporting the Republican healthcare mafia.
Old May 18, 2014, 02:51 PM   #46
Elliottsdad

Keep the Glock. The Sig is a work of art, but you'll get more money for it, and I don't see the Sig working for EDC. Seriously though, it would be heartbreaking to have to choose!!
Old May 18, 2014, 05:25 PM   #47
9x19

Between those two, the Glock 26 is the one I'd keep.
Old May 18, 2014, 05:29 PM   #48
Pico

Keep that Sig, sell the Glock

... and use the money to finance an inexpensive, single stack CCW pistol which you can drop, neglect, and abuse as needed. Then every now and then take out the Sig, just look at it or take it to the range to make everyone else green with envy.

If you feel remorseful you can always find another Glock. That older German Sig is a different matter. The new ones won't be as fine if you had to replace it.

Pico
Old May 18, 2014, 05:41 PM   #49
dsa1115

The 226 is a great pistol but for CCW it's like carrying a brick.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:55 AM   #50
MGMorden

I'd personally keep the Glock. I like striker fired more than hammer fired. The Glock is also smaller for CCW and as mentioned you can use a G17 or G19 mag + grip adapter for range use.