The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 9, 2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Poodleshooter

Crimson Trace warranty

Bummer- the Crimson Trace unit on my pocket carry SP101 appears to have croaked.
I swapped in some new batteries, but I can't get any light at all, even bench testing the unit. Fortunately the grips are less than 3 years old according to the manufacturers date, and I had them registered for the warranty.

Has anyone else used Crimson Trace's warranty?
Did they repair or replace them? How was the service?
Old June 9, 2011, 01:40 PM   #2
bravo124

The customer service is pretty good. I have about 100 guys who utilize them in my department and they go down from time to time. Turnaround time is quick and if they can't fix the problem then they will replace them.
Old June 9, 2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Wishoot

I recently used their warranty service. I sent in a laser used on a G22 that wasn't holding zero.

I quickly received a brand-new unit within a couple of weeks. No questions asked. The new laser works just fine.

So far, they have just about the best customer service I've encountered anywhere.
Old June 9, 2011, 04:44 PM   #4
jaydubya

I had problems with a Crimson Trace set of grips for my Browning Hi Power after the warranty had expired -- the batteries were failing too quickly. I called them, and they said they'd exchange it for a new set. And they did just that! I repeat: the warranty had expired, but they pretended it had not. Outstanding service.

Incidentally, the second set had the same problem, so I did some investigating. It seems that when I stuffed my hi power into my range bag, I would often accidentally actuate the laser. And if I didn't clean it until the next day, dead batteries. I became much more careful about stuffing it into my range bag, and the problem has disappeared.

Cordially, Jack
Old June 10, 2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Poodleshooter

Well, they issued me an RMA number today. So I'll send it in and see how it goes, and post results here.
Old June 11, 2011, 09:55 PM   #6
Mr. Whimsy

I never brag on customer service, but...

CT replaced a set of the (now discontinued) plastic laser grips for a revolver. It was a .44 special and the battery kept coming loose and not making adequate contact. The replacement had the same flaw, after which they sent me the more costly rubber version of that grip.

No charge. Great people.
Couldn't love the concept more.
Old June 11, 2011, 11:00 PM   #7
Deja vu

I had set of 405s on my J-frame and the grips broke apart at the seam on the back strap. I returned them and they called me asking if I wanted the same grips or if I would rather have the 305 or the 205. I shoot mine alot so I went with the slightly larger grips (305s) which allow for the pinky to have a place on the grip.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old June 11, 2011, 11:36 PM   #8
vandyatc

I had a gun bought second hand and the laser inexplicably went out. I called, sent it in per thier instructions and recieved a new one in a short period of time.

Furthermore, I accidentally left the grip screw in when I sent it in. They sent me a new CT in a new box, with no grip screw as it is intended to use the factory one. Again I called, spoke to an armorer after a transfer and they sent me a replacement due to my screw up. Upon further evaluation I noticed it was a replacement with a label on it dated that week. They apparently called S&W (it was for a Walter PPK), had one shipped to them, then to me. All on CT's dime, and again it was all my fault from the get-go.

Not many companies have that kind of service based on a simple call or two. As a sales manager for a company I only hope we do as good of a job!

I recommend them to anyone (at least anyone who wants a laser).
Old June 12, 2011, 12:17 PM   #9
EdInk

Sounds like great service. I just WISH they would come out with a more
powerful green version.
Old June 13, 2011, 06:56 AM   #10
eastbank

my ct,s on my S&W 60 went dead after 3 years and they replaced them free of charge, could not have been better service,they must be related to leupold. eastbank.
Old June 13, 2011, 11:37 PM   #11
armsmaster270

I had my push button switch go bad on mine. It was out of warranty and a outmoded model and they fixed it anyway.
Old July 1, 2011, 08:59 PM   #12
Poodleshooter

Follow up:
I received a new set of grips in the mail today, complete with new wrenches, cleaning tips, batteries, manual,box,etc.
Apparently the diode went out on my older pair, so I now have a pair straight out of Crimson Trace inventory!
The folks on the phone were very nice when I talked to them, so overall I'm very pleased with the service provided by Crimson Trace.
Old July 1, 2011, 10:09 PM   #13
Eghad

I lost one of my attachment screws because of my old big fumbly fingers. Called the service folks and they sent me one in a hurry at no charge.

NRA Life Member

Tags
crimson trace , warranty