The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 4, 2000, 08:35 AM   #1
NAD

I acquired a small .22 rimfire pistol that I would like to know a bit about its history. The gun has 4 barrels with a rotary firing pin. The barrel is about an inch long and the gun is about the size of a Seecamp. It's a top break gun which pivots open for loading. Markings on the gun show it was made in Italy and it has a serial number and proof marks. There are two letters "EG", which I guess was the manufacturer, on the ivory colored plastic grips and the frame. Stamped on the barrel are the words "Use standard velocity Cal. 22 short, long, or long rifle cartridge." The frame appears to be stainless steel. Has anyone seen one of these before?
Old February 4, 2000, 06:27 PM   #2
Jim V

There was a company that was importing a very bad copy of the old Mossberg Brownie. It could be what you have. I don't have any further information on the pistol however.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"