The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 20, 2013, 03:44 PM   #1
fireman1291

My fellow Firing Line pals!

So many of you know I have an ever growing YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/fireman1291) with the goal to bring NFA weapons into the positive spotlight and away from the taboo Hollywood image that most uneducated newcomers associate them with. I've been pretty successful at bringing people into our sport and getting them started with their first NFA item and it's pretty gratifying to help my fellow man/gun nut. I have added "How-to" videos to my channel to further help with questions on purchasing and basic function, etc.

I stop by here today to announce that I finally got off my duff and setup a FaceBook fan page to hopefully use social media power to help push a positive light on NFA ownership and general firearm ownership. I will use the fan page to announce upcoming videos and behind the scenes pictures and general FACTUAL firearm related news. I WILL NOT turn it into some non-factual propaganda generating machine like I've seen so many do with their FB fan page. It's purpose is for my fans to keep up to date and be able to ask questions and get in touch with me quicker and share pictures of their own personally owned NFA items and upcoming projects as well. So that being said I hope those of you that use FaceBook with drop by, "LIKE" the page and join in on the fun!

http://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel

Old March 21, 2013, 09:21 AM   #2
g.willikers

You look very familiar.
Have we met somewhere?
Old March 21, 2013, 03:38 PM   #3
dakota.potts

I have subscribed. Thank you for bringing NFA weapons in a positive manner.

May I suggest an NFA shoot for charity? A bunch of people meet up at the range with their NFA weapons and have a competition (silencer match, machine gun match, short barrel shotgun trap match etc.) and have people sponsor them the same way you sponsor runners for marathons. I'd pitch in. I think it would be a great way to show that we are sportsmen and people and not associated with the crazies who are killing people.

Or maybe you've already something similar. I haven't looked through all of your videos yet. But I did subscribe and like the page!
Old March 22, 2013, 01:04 AM   #4
trg42wraglefragle

Do you get paid for your videos by youtube, or do them for fun/information?

I've heard that any Tom, Dick or Harry can get paid for their videos if they are popular.
Old March 22, 2013, 01:25 AM   #5
dakota.potts

My youtube channel (non gun related) http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDakota...ew=0&flow=grid gets paid in theory. Average payout is between $2.50 and $5 per thousand views. I have under a thousand views on my monetized videos (somewhere around 900 once a claim clears) and you get paid once you reach increments of $100. Didn't take anything fancy.
Old March 22, 2013, 05:14 AM   #6
ZIA

Good for you, this kind of stuff is appreciated as most who oppose are simply uneducated.
Old March 22, 2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Lark

For people in Western WA there is a silencer shoot open to the public on July 20, 2013 at the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club in Bremerton WA. It is $5 and there will be suppressed firearms available for the public to shoot free of charge. Silencer owners attend free if they bring a suppressed firearm.

Check out http://www.gunsafety.org . Click on the address in the upper right corner of the page for a map to the range.

lark