The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 1, 2008, 08:05 AM   #26
Alleykat

Quote:
Fellas
Forgive me for my probable overstatement, ALLYCAT I do have AR15s and I do agree the weapons you mentioned are good weapons = perhaps I ran my tongue too far without thinking = I do that from time to time.
Harry B.
Harry, you certainly haven't offended me, and I'm always interested in your advice and opinions. Honestly, when I first noticed your posts, I thought that you'd made your name up, and it was hard for me to think that you were always being serious.

I sure do like my old, pristine Colt Cobra more than those five-shot S&W snubbies.

My personal experience with my Woodsman has been excellent. Had to go online to figure out how to strip it for proper cleaning, but, now that I've figured all that out, it runs great. I have noticed that the mags need to be kept clean, and, contrary to everything that I know about mags, I even lightly lube the mags.

The advantage that you have over me, Harry, is that you've actually worked on a bunch of problem firearms, while I'm blessed with possessing mostly functioning, non-defective firearms.
Old May 21, 2016, 12:35 AM   #27
bdviets

Firing Pin Removal on Colt Woodsman 3rd Series

To remove the firing pin:
There is a tiny slot screw, which is part of the extractor, at the extreme left side, inside the slide near the firing pin.
Using a small jewelers screwdriver, rotate the screw/extractor 180 degrees.
You can now remove the extractor section from the front.
After this, using the screw that held the handle grips together, screw into the round pin near the firing pin.
Release the pressure on the firing pin by pushing in on the firing pin using a small screwdriver and pull the round section out that has the screw in it.
This will release the firing pin so it and the spring can come out.
Reassemble in reverse order.
Old May 21, 2016, 02:39 AM   #28
Scorch

Unless you can travel back in a time machine 8 years, the OP cannot answer. 8 years is a long time to wait for someone to come up with an answer.