The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 4, 2013, 08:59 AM   #26
loose_holster_dan

Quote:
I find the P2000 and HK45c to be very comparable to the P30, sans the texture and finger grooves.
that's the feature i like. it makes the pistol feel less blocky.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old November 4, 2013, 10:32 AM   #27
TunnelRat

Quote:
that's the feature i like. it makes the pistol feel less blocky.
Which feature, the texture or finger grooves?

That's cool if you don't like them, I just never considered either the P2000 or HK45/c to be "blocky". Now the USP series, that is blocky.
Maintain situational awareness
Old November 4, 2013, 11:09 AM   #28
Tactical Jackalope

SIG Sauer, 100%. I just recently obtained another P229. I had let my first one go like an ass.

I have a P226 e2 in 9mm which was my main gun for 3 years. A P220 in .45ACP which I also love and another P229, this time in .357SIG/.40S&W. Haven't shot it yet, but can't wait to.
Old November 4, 2013, 11:12 AM   #29
loose_holster_dan

Quote:
Which feature, the texture or finger grooves?
finger grooves.

Quote:
I just never considered either the P2000 or HK45/c to be "blocky". Now the USP series, that is blocky.
the usp is blocky. the p2000 is snappy.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old November 4, 2013, 11:38 AM   #30
TunnelRat

Quote:
the p2000 is snappy.
Gotcha. I've got both the P30 and P2000 in 9mm and I actually prefer the P2000 for its size and I find I can almost shoot it a bit better. But the P30 is still a nice gun too. Some guns just don't work for certain folks. Luckily these days there are dozens of options.
Old November 4, 2013, 12:50 PM   #31
Kleab

CZs are addictive. If you go that route, know that the one gun will likely want a friend or two to keep it company...
"We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves, their friends, and property, and the government, from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency, where immediate appeal cannot be made to the laws, and relief afforded."
~Doctrine and Covenants 134:11
Old November 4, 2013, 06:54 PM   #32
In memory of dad

Sig/cz

No comparison . If anything get a sig cause the value is increasing on them as we speak . My vote is the sig! Czs are a dime a dozen! Fantastic handgun but sig the way to go for me
Old November 4, 2013, 07:50 PM   #33
1hogfan83

I found a M11-A1 on buds for $890.00. More than one hundred less than cabelas. With the transfer fee, $35, that's $925. I doubt the local guy can beat that price but we'll see. Now to go holster shopping.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old November 4, 2013, 08:28 PM   #34
TunnelRat

Slickguns is great too for finding good prices.
Old November 4, 2013, 08:49 PM   #35
WVsig

Quote:
No comparison . If anything get a sig cause the value is increasing on them as we speak . My vote is the sig! Czs are a dime a dozen! Fantastic handgun but sig the way to go for me
Sigs are not increasing in value. A P228 or P229 will never be worth more than what you pay for it NIB.
Old November 5, 2013, 05:48 AM   #36
In memory of dad

Comment

Sigs are not increasing in value. A P228 or P229 will never be worth more than what you pay for it NIB
Sell either the cz or sig used on the market and see what brings in more money! Sig 229 has increased in price for a new one over a couple of years.
Old November 5, 2013, 07:49 AM   #37
WVsig

Dude been here since 2010 been buying and selling Sigs for over a decade and I can tell you for a fact Sigs are not increasing in value. If I buy a M11A1 today NIB I am not going to get more for it tomorrow or at anytime down the road unless I take advantage if someone. Clearly YMMV

Also in today's market it is much harder to find a NIB CZ than it is to find a Sig.
Old November 5, 2013, 10:50 AM   #38
RockDTMC

What WVSig said. Around here you can find Sigs all day long but it's very difficult to find NIB CZ's. I don't see any Sig selling for more that it cost new. That being said, I own both and like them...but I'd let the Sig go before my CZ. They're like night and day IMHO. Granted, comparing a Sig P250 to a CZ 75 compact probably isn't apples to apples...
Old November 5, 2013, 07:51 PM   #39
1hogfan83

I'd never even seen a cz, minus P-07, until very recently. Sigs on the other hand are a dime a dozen, at least in quantity, not quality. The reason I say this is that I would at least like to hold one. Even a full size if nothing else. I have shot two sigs and that was really something else. I just wish I could compare the two. Whichever I get, the other will be second in line.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old November 5, 2013, 08:12 PM   #40
sigarms228

Quote:
Sigs on the other hand are a dime a dozen, at least in quantity, not quality.
Are you seeing any new P226s Stainless Elites?? I have not seen a new one this year yet anywhere checking several LGS.

Those have been going for more than new on Gun Broker. Last year they could be had new for around $900.

Anyone looking for CZs should check Buds website as they have quite a few.

Having tried both SIGs and CZs I own SIGs.
Old November 5, 2013, 09:26 PM   #41
bgdv1

I have a 239,old 228 and just got a 229 scorpion for carry gun. the grip and beaver tail of the scorpion fit my hand better than my 228. I got the 229 for fall/winter carry when wearing heavier shirts. summer time I carry my colt defender.
Old November 5, 2013, 10:41 PM   #42
BILLG

You can't find cz pistols because no one wants them.
Old November 5, 2013, 11:13 PM   #43
TunnelRat

Quote:
You can't find cz pistols because no one wants them.
Thanks I needed a good laugh today.
Old November 8, 2013, 12:25 AM   #44
Rinspeed

Quote:
Also in today's market it is much harder to find a NIB CZ than it is to find a Sig.

That might have something to do with the fact that Sig makes ten times more pistols than CZ does.
Old November 8, 2013, 07:34 AM   #45
In memory of dad

Sig

Sorry but I meant resale value . And the price has increased on them this year so the used value increases sum. Cz just stay the same
Old November 8, 2013, 01:03 PM   #46
1hogfan83

Ok, SIGs on the way. I was told that I wasn't operating the SRT correctly. Its nice but its not the end all be all. Anyway should be here shortly. Buds came through again. If anyone carries this weapon could you suggest a holster. Thank you.
Old November 8, 2013, 01:22 PM   #47
WVsig

High noon holsters and Milt Sparks would serve you well. I carry a P228 in a Milt Sparks VM2
Old November 8, 2013, 02:50 PM   #48
1hogfan83

Ok, I've heard of both of those brands. I checked out bravo holsters and they have a holster specifically for a the M11 A1. I'm a little leary, an all kydex holster just doesn't look comfortable to me. It does look cool that it can be switched in an out. Anyway, experiences would be appreciated. I'll be checking out high noon and sparks, fist too.
Old November 8, 2013, 02:55 PM   #49
BarryLee

Quote:
Milt Sparks would serve you well. I carry a P228 in a Milt Sparks VM2
I also use the Milt Sparks VM II for my P220 Carry & P229 and have found it to be an excellent choice. They can be a little difficult to find and aren’t exactly cheap, but I think you’ll be pleased.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old November 8, 2013, 03:34 PM   #50
Rinspeed

Quote:
If anyone carries this weapon could you suggest a holster. Thank you.

Were you thinking IWB or OWB.