The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 28, 2000, 04:10 PM   #1
DorGunR

I have a Browning BBR in .300 Win Mag. This rifle seems to be
very well made and IMHO superior to the A-bolt.
My question is this…Why did Browning discontinue this rifle
In favor of the A-bolt?
Old January 28, 2000, 05:56 PM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

DorGunR:
It is difficult to determine why anyone does anything, but it would seem to me that possible the sales of one out-did the other, popularity, making if unfeasable to produce.

HJN
Old October 19, 2005, 06:19 PM   #3
mr8479

Browning BBR value

DorGunR:

I have owned a Browning BBR in .270 caliber for some time. I no longer deer hunt, and am considering selling the BBR. Do you, or anyone on the forum, have any idea how I can find out what the rifle is worth? Its in mint condition, and has a Bushnell Scopechief 2.5 - 8X scope. I don't even remember what I paid for it when I bought it. I looked on ebay to get an idea what its worth, but could not find anything there. I found this forum using a search engine. Thought maybe someone could give me some tips on what its worth.

Thanks,

Mike

PS - Also have a Browning Citori featherlight that has been a fabulous firearm. It has considerably more use on it than the BBR, but I have NEVER had a problem with it after years of pheasant/quail hunting. Brownings are great guns.
Old October 21, 2005, 10:13 AM   #4
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Ebay doesn't allow gun sales. You may want to take a look at a website called Gunbroker.
www.gunbroker.com