The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 3, 2005, 10:51 PM   #1
titleman2005

info on walther rifle

it is a 22 kal with the letters lfb on the top of the barrel. the barrel is approx 21.5 inches. it is a bolt action with a approx 5 round mag. it has the words carl walther ulm/do sportwaffenfabrik on the top. it has an adjustable rear sight and the safety is positioned above the trigger in the wood part of the stock. any info would be appreciated. I could not match it to any photos in the gun books
Old August 4, 2005, 07:34 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Walther made a number of sporting rifles in the post-WWII period. Yours sounds like the basic KKJ model, a very nice rifle. There are variations, but yours seems to be the basic KKJ.

The "lfb" is part of the caliber marking; it stands for "lang fur buchsen" or "long rifle". "Ulm/Do" is the post war location of the Walther factory, the city of Ulm am Donau (Ulm on the Danube) in Germany.

Not many were imported and one in near new condition can bring $1000 or so from the right buyer.

Jim
Old August 4, 2005, 08:36 PM   #3
titleman2005

walther rifle

thanks for the info. it will help me a great deal. this one is in great condition. do you know a resource where I can locate photos of the various models. thanks again
Old August 5, 2005, 01:09 PM   #4
Green

check out the info on www.waltheramerica.com. It looks sweet. very center ballenced and everything.
Old September 25, 2005, 06:09 PM   #5
bolo4u

Follow-up

I too recently aquired one of these rifles. However, mine has a Meiji scope attached and it appears the manufactured front and rear sites were removed, and I have no idea of their wherabouts. The rifle itself is in overall good condition. I am seeking info on where to purchase a replacement magazine, as it did not come with one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Don