The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 3, 2005, 03:42 PM   #1
hknut

Silence is golden

Does anybody have any feedback on The Outback from Gemtech? I have a friend who has a Bowers CAC that shoots well from my WaltherP22, but that can is heavy (rated for full auto). The weight might be a issue. I am thinking on doing the paperwork and donating more of my hard earned money to my %<*@*$^ Uncle Sam. Any info would be greatly accepted.

If a man speak in the woods, and ther is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Old May 3, 2005, 04:05 PM   #2
shaggy

I have a Bowers CAC22 also - very good can. Mine is still waiting for me to get around to doing the F4 so I can take it home from my dealer, but what decided me on the CAC22 was a side by side comparison with the GemTech Outback - the CAC was significantly more quiet. In fact several other guys at the demo also were very surprised at the difference. That said, the CAC is an all steel can and rated for full auto; something the GemTech isn't. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, but it is heavy and I wouldn't be surprised if it significantly changed the POI on that paper thin barrel on the P22. GemTech does have a newer model Outback now (the Outback II) and although I haven't heard it yet, I understand it is much better than the original. My guess is that the Outback II is more comparable to the sound level reduction of the CAC (maybe even better), except still with less weight than a CAC and still not rated for full auto like a CAC.
Old May 12, 2005, 12:43 AM   #3
hknut

The laws in my state?

Does anybody know where to get the Actual law pertaining to cans form state to state. I talked to a stocking dealer os several brands of cans and he says in WA state we can own but not shoot suppressed weapons? What the hell does that mean? Spend $600.00 on paperwork and product, to sit in my house and not use, or drive to other states? Would taking it to other states be legal? No one around here has the answears, hell I asked a local sheriff I saw at a AM/PM, and he said "Suppressors are legal?" I need help is there some national website or something?