The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 14, 2007, 11:12 PM   #1
Stephen A. Camp
Staff In Memoriam

New IWB 1911 Holster from HBE Leatherworks...

Hello. HBE Leatherworks is a custom holster shop in which the ower, proprietor, maker, clerk, and custodian are one fellow: Eric Larsen. Mr. Larsen's line of holsters are both expanding and evolving into what I think are really high-quality equipment for folks needing a holster that can be counted upon.

Shown are the Com 3 IWB holster for the "forty-five automatic" and my lightly-modified Springfield Armory Mil-Spec which served as "test gun" for the Com 3.

Cutting to the chase, I found the holster to not only be comfortable but designed such that concealment under a loose-fitting shirt was easy. The holster does not shift after hours of wear and I found it to allow for a proper grip on the pistol prior to a quick presentation. It fits the gun quite tightly at first, but with use it eventually holds the gun firmly enough that it will not launch itself during strenuous activity (read that "fight") or if the wearer is running, something I think most would agree is important. It distributes weight such that carrying the all-steel and fully-loaded 1911-based handgun was the proverbial "piece of cake."

As some might know, Mr. Larsen is coming back from particularly rough and repeated personal setbacks and tragedies. He advised me that he's working as quickly as he can w/o sacrificing quality to catch up on previously ordered goods. When asked about the expected wait time for a Com 3, he advised "3 to 6 months." Mr. Larsen also added that if the buyer is wanting the holster made of an exotic hide such as alligator, the price and the wait would be longer.

Based on my personal use of the holster, I think the product is well worth the wait.

For those interested in this or any other HBE holster, a much more detailed report as well as contact and HBE site location, pricing & options available to the buyer, here's the link:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/a...r_for_1911.htm

The holster as shown in this post is priced at $89.00, which includes delivery costs via USPS Priority Mail.

Whether you are a law enforcement officer or private citizen lawfully carrying concealed, I believe that this holster is worth a serious look.

Best.