The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old November 4, 2010, 07:50 PM   #101
krimmie

I'm going to get a chance to document a POS . A buddy has a Traditions by Fausti 20 gauge he's trading me. I know it only has 50-75 rounds through it now, so I'll document my rounds and see how long it can handle the skeet field. Hope he chose a decent one
Old November 4, 2010, 07:58 PM   #102
roy reali

re:krimme

Quote:
A buddy has a Traditions by Fausti 20 gauge he's trading me.
Could you please tell me what time you will be shooting and what direction you are from Nevada? I don't want to miss the mushroom cloud.
Old November 4, 2010, 08:00 PM   #103
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I know if I were co-moderator with DMC, I would definately shut this down as having well more than run its useful course...

But I ain't the thread copper...

Brent
Old November 4, 2010, 09:36 PM   #104
OkieCruffler

The used K20 I'm drooling over is priced at $25K+. I can get a new Ford F150 for under $24K. Do I believe the K20 cost near as much to manufacture as the F150, not by half. And yet I would still pay it if I had the coin in pocket, the market will charge what the market can charge. Folks who put that kind of cash into a gun want other folks to think it was worth every penny and they didn't get taken to the cleaners. But deep down they know there isn't $25K in that gun. Alot of that money paid for a name stamped (Okay, engraved) on the barrrel.
The other side of that coin are the guys who spend $500 on an O/U. They don't want the guys with the high dollar pieces to be looking down on them so they will swear their $500 turk/soviet/chinese gun is everybit as good as the premium guns and those guys shooting the B guns are just fools. But they know you just can't make a gun of that quality for that kind of coin. Still, those guns are probably more than adaquate for 90% of the shooters out there.
Old November 4, 2010, 09:45 PM   #105
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Okie, How does that ol' sayin' go??? You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear... or somethin' along them lines...
Brent
Old November 4, 2010, 10:02 PM   #106
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Sorry, some of this thread resembles a kindergarden sandbox around nap time.

Closed, because some folks just do not play nicely with others....
Closed Thread