The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 20, 2013, 09:48 AM   #1
JimDandy

Good Picatinny Mount bipod?

Tried asking in Gear, and got no responses... but does anyone know of a good one that mounts straight to the rail without a sling swivel adapter? Looking for something I can QD on and off- though QD is not a requirement.
Old February 20, 2013, 10:06 AM   #2
UtopiaTexasG19

My favorite set up for rail mount is the Harris line of bi-pods with the LaRue quick release mount. Kind of spendy but one of the best set ups. I also use the type Harris with the swivel base that allows you to easily tilt the rifle if the ground is not level.
Old February 20, 2013, 09:14 PM   #3
number 9

B/P adapter

I use a A.R.M.S. #32 Harris bipod adapter. Mounts easily to your Harris b/p. One b/p used on all firearms w/ a rail. On a bolt gun w/o a rail I remove the sling swivel buy or cut a short rail, remove stock, locate second hole, drill and through bolt the rail to the stock. Not as complicated as it sounds.

I know Mounting Solutions Plus carries them, possibly others as well.

I'm not sure of the costs now but mine has been worth every penny. I've used the same b/p on all my rigs without incident.

Hope this helps,
Leonard