The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 16, 2000, 01:38 PM   #1
whiskey

I have an over/under Franchi 12ga. that belonged to my grandfather. I know the gun is at 20 years old, I can remember that far back. I see seveal listings for these shotguns in price books, but I am unable to be certain which model I own.

Like I said it is an over/under 12ga with 25 1/2 inches long bbl. The bbl is full vent ribbed. The stock is fancy hardwood with checkered pistol grip and forearm. The gun has auto-select ejectors, box lock receiver, selective single trigger. It has engraving on the receiver, tang, top lever, and trigger guard. the engraving is NOT animals or inlaid in gold. The stampings on the receiver read: S.p.A.LUIGI FRANCHI and BRESCIA made in italy.The bbl is stamped FIELD and has 3 stars stamped on the top bbl and 4 stars on the bottom bbl. the bottom of the BBL has a signature stamp that reads "Acuaio Cogne K.M.O." and supercromato
serial # 49XXX

I would be thankful for any info on this gun.

Old June 17, 2000, 05:33 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Not positive but I believe that you may have an Aristocrat variation. This was a 12 gauge boxlock o/u with 26" or 28" vent rib barrels, alloy receiver, single selective trigger and automatic ejectors. They were mfgd from 1960 to 1969. Pricing varies depending upon which variation the firearm is, but a ballpark figure would probably be anywhere from $350 - $4000. I'm sure someone else could probably tell you more definitively.
If the receiver is anodized then you most likely have a Falconet.
Old June 17, 2000, 10:56 AM   #3
whiskey

the receiver looks like case hardened steel, but a lot of the blueing is worn off. It most likely is an Aristocrat deluxe grade. But I can't be sure, all my books are too vague.