The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 19, 2001, 01:58 PM   #1
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

Black or green? …

Everything I make at the moment is Black.

Do you think there would be any interest in other colors? If so which ones and why?

Or is black the best all around? Which one below do you like best?

MOLON LABE !

I’m a G-CODE holster fan !
www.range5.com
Old August 19, 2001, 02:11 PM   #2
Jeff White

Love the green :-)

Scott,
I really like the OD...but after 27 years in the Army, I probably would bleed OD if cut ...

Seriously, I think you'll find there is a bigger market for OD then you realized.

Jeff
Old August 20, 2001, 08:39 AM   #3
IamNOTaNUT

I like the OD too, though I would not use it for everyday carry because it doesn't match anything. Now, if you also came out with a wilderrness tactical style belt in OD green, to go along with the holster, I would have to buy one.

BTW, what's up with the kydex holster, leather belt combination? Am I the only one who thinks it is inappropriate to hang anything but a piece of dead cow on a piece of dead cow? Kydex should hang from a nylon belt. Sheesh.

I didn't do it, but I thought about it. Next time I might.

NRA
Old August 20, 2001, 07:46 PM   #4
Joey

ACK you're killing me

Well ifin you have some green one's avaible I'll take a green holster/ammo pouch for a Glock 19 Should look spiffy with my green BlackHawk belt.

Any plans to incorprate a sure fire flashlight/single mag ammo pouch combo?

Got to admit the leather belt looks really tacky, kydex should not be hung on leather ICK!!!!

MORE PICTURES
Old August 20, 2001, 08:45 PM   #5
blades67

I like the green, I'd like it better in left-hand though.

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old August 21, 2001, 01:07 AM   #6
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Ooh! Green, green!

As far as the kydex and leather...it's just WRONG, man!

Waiting for the lowered Glock 24 greenie!
[edit] Well...looks like I could get that already, with a drop kit and an 1102- but that would leave my muzzle exposed, and (again) that's just WRONG!

Seriously, it looks like a well-though out system.
Old August 21, 2001, 07:56 PM   #7
JNewell

Why choose???

Do both! I'm about to get a P226 refinished, and I am thinking of a green frame and a black slide...really.
Old August 21, 2001, 08:58 PM   #8
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

I only have enough green in house to make a few holsters so they are not actually being offered… yet. The point of posting the picture was to see if there was sufficient interest to justify a larger purchase and actually make the OD green a regular item. Response here so far seems to indicate more interest then I had expected but we shall see.

Some news …

I finished cutting the first left hand holster mold yesterday. We will be testing it tomorrow. If all goes well next week we will have left hand holsters for the Glock 20,21,30, 19,23,17,22, 36 & the 1911 models. I may need some beta testers (Erick … :-) I will keep ya posted.

MOLON LABE !

www.range5.com
Old August 21, 2001, 11:42 PM   #9
Justin Moore

Scott,

I think the green is pretty cool actually
Democracy: A government of the masses, authority derived through mass meetings or any other form of direct expression; results in mobocracy; attitude toward property is communistic negating property rights; attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate whether it is based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences; its result is dem-o-gogism, license, agitation, discontent and anarchy.

Republic: Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best suited to represent them. Attitude toward property is respect for laws and individual rights and a sensible economic procedure. Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles that establish evidence with a strict regard for consequences. A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass, it avoids the dangerous extremes of either tyranny or mobocracy. Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice contentment and progress, is a standard for government around the world.
Old August 22, 2001, 08:42 AM   #10
Joey

Since you have a limited ammount of Green Kydex can I PLEASE be a guinea pig and purchase a GREEN test holster/ammo pouch for a right handed Glock-19

Iffin I get the privledge of being a guinea pig let me know how much I owe you for the holster and ammo pouch (hint hint hint) I'll be away from the computer till Sunday at the soonest due to work (UGH) but never fear, if I get to be a lucky pig the money will be in the mail come Monday (begging and pleading)

Last edited by Joey; August 22, 2001 at 10:13 PM.
Old August 23, 2001, 04:55 PM   #11
skevlar

OD. Battle Ship Gray.
Old October 6, 2001, 03:07 PM   #12
Ehornad

Green rules!!!!!

Black matches jack boots.
Old October 6, 2001, 07:48 PM   #13
Jhp147

not for me, thanks, but...

....green may be the cutting edge color. Look at Wilson's .45s and ARs. With the current crisis, there may be a bit of a "military" craze. Only time and sales figures will tell....
And by the way, those are quite good looking holsters, green or black.
Old November 30, 2001, 12:38 PM   #14
murphquake

what about tan?

Personally I'll vote for tans and other earthtones. I think a shade of brown similar to that in 3 color desert camo, but not so red, or inbetween the khaki and brown on woodland camo is a good color. Tans are neutral colors and blend in well with many envirionments and work well in urban settings. Tan also has the advantage of being a light color so if you needed to paint your gear it wont take so much work, and it wont show through as much if you have dirt from your envirionment on you. Also very important is that tan is way cooler looking than green =-)
-bill
Old November 30, 2001, 08:46 PM   #15
[email protected]
Wise Guy

If enough people want green models, I'll be happy to put together a group purchase so Scott can make a bunch of holsters in OD in whatever configurations needed. We already sell G-Code in OneStopKnifeShop.com so it wouldn't be a problem to add green models.

Kevin
Old November 30, 2001, 09:42 PM   #16
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

No problem to make them as we do have a good amount of green material in stock at this time.

MOLON LABE !

www.range5.com