The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 3, 2007, 10:30 AM   #1
EskrimadoR

TLR-2 or M6X Please help..

Hi Guys,
I'm shopping around for light/laser gadget. I found a price for TLR-2 $240 and M6X $260,right now the difference is the $20 that I know.. Any input(recommendation or suggestion)on which one better feature,durability,etc.??

Advance thanks for any input

p.s.
I have an M6 with my G19 but got a problem on it when I was shooting a lot where the dirt coming out from the barrel is going to the inside bezel of the unit and messed up the bulb( I learned that with the M6 I have to screw tight the bezel before shooting a lot outdoor).I solved the problem when I cleaned it and replaced the bulb and just put the M6 in my shotgun.
So, right now I want one for my G19,I hope with the M6X I don't have a problem like that?
Old March 3, 2007, 02:08 PM   #2
sonyman74

Well, let me save you some more $$$$$$$. TLR-2 $199. http://www.botac.com/sttrtali.html
I like mine.
Old March 3, 2007, 10:09 PM   #3
EskrimadoR

WoW Cool price...Thanks sonyman74 for the input and link
Old March 17, 2007, 02:39 AM   #4
Teufelhunden

Unless you've ordered already, I would do a search on Botach Tactical on here and on thehighroad.org before you give them your money.

-Teuf

"One hundred rounds do not constitute firepower. One hit contitutes firepower." -Gen. Merritt Edson, USMC
Old March 17, 2007, 11:58 AM   #5
UH1-D Rotorhead

Agree with previous post....

Botach is the place to go if you enjoy a 2x4 shoved up your backside...www.opticsplanet.com is the place to go...currently at $235.00. As to which is the better...Streamlight's no questions asked life time guarantee is second to none.
Old March 17, 2007, 01:09 PM   #6
EskrimadoR

Hi Guys,
Nope..I didn't buy at botac.com..Got a good deal on other forum. TLR-2 for $210 + 4 batteries.
Thanks for the input

p.s.
I do like the opticsplanet.com site...I might try to buy a mount for my other optics there. Thanks!