The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 14, 2006, 02:42 PM   #1
AndrewTB

The Guns Of 24

Seeing how my Jack Bauer thread was closed the moderator suggested we talk about the guns used in 24 in general! Im not the best for identifying so please help me out! This will make for an intresting thread.
Old January 15, 2006, 02:05 PM   #2
tyme
Staff

Seasons 1 and 2 - p228 and p229. In season 1 when Bauer tried to rescue Walsh, he had a p228 when he arrived but a p229 during the shooting. Most of the rest of seasons 1 and 2 he had a p228.
Seasons 3 and 4 - HK USP compact (almost certainly intended to be a .45)

The second special ops guy who killed the first interrogator had a USPf (also certainly a .45)

What gun did Marie Warner use?

Is this a PSG-1 or is it some other G3 variant?
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old January 15, 2006, 04:40 PM   #3
choochboost

Here's another HK

Old January 16, 2006, 11:38 AM   #4
tyme
Staff

Jack's still using a USPc this season. It didn't start out well for gun realism, though. The foley artists went crazy on the audio, doubling the shots (maybe they were going for an echo off of nearby structures), and Jack kept firing at the car even though the slide was locked open.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old January 16, 2006, 02:53 PM   #5
AndrewTB

Tyme I caught that to. 3 shots after the slide was stuck open. Maybe it was sound delay or like you said echo? I didnt see muzzle flash (of course) lol.

He also broke one of the rules (keep finger offer the trigger until your ready to shoot). Must be some new guys in control of realism. BUt otherwise still a great epsiode.

Otherwise is the USPc a realiable firearm in the real world? Ive been thinking of picking one up from CDNN seeing how they arent priced to badly.
Old January 16, 2006, 03:04 PM   #6
model 25

The gun you posted with the suppresor being attached is a Smith and wesson. It looks like the lady smith by the light colored grips.

Old January 16, 2006, 03:23 PM   #7
spacemanspiff

at least someone taught Chloe how to shoot.

at the end when that whiny kid (why do they always put a whiny kid in this series? and for that matter, why another mentally challenged person this season as well?) got out of his moms car, what exactly did he see that made him think something bad was going to happen? they didnt have any weapons openly visible.
Old January 17, 2006, 05:28 AM   #8
Weeg

I make it a point not to watch this show (KS irritates the tar out of me)...

I'm imagining though that he has those special magazines that hold 376 rounds?

Old January 17, 2006, 06:53 PM   #9
AndrewTB

Weeg,
Absolutley wrong. His magazines hold 13-15 rounds. Depends on the gun hes using.

No hollywood magazines here.
Old January 18, 2006, 12:37 PM   #10
JohnBrowning

Why on earth did all the bad guys have 1911's? That was just wrong!

Also, my friend wanted to add:

"I do not believe that the above pictured rifle is a PSG-1, it is some other G3 variant, though which i am not sure.

and PS: about your wanting a ruger Vaquero, I have got one (.44 Magnum), and they are nice guns, but the sights are primitive and a little hard to use"
Old January 18, 2006, 04:11 PM   #11
obiwan1

Bottom line: JACK IS BACK!
Old January 19, 2006, 02:20 AM   #12
socom58

Tyme, I believe that's a G3SG/1, the sniper variant of the standard G3, but not a full-fledged sniper rifle like the PSG-1 or MSG-90.

Linky -> http://hkpro.com/g3sg1.htm
Old January 31, 2006, 05:04 PM   #13
InSoMNiaX23

How about this one [MSG3]: http://hkpro.com/msg3.htm . The MSG90 doesn't have iron sights and the one in this link has the same stock.