The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 10, 2013, 07:01 AM   #1
kozzmo1

Semi-Auto Handgun Show-N-Tell

Post pictures of your guns and the stories behind them information on them how you got them ect!
Old April 10, 2013, 07:07 AM   #2
Tucker 1371

Colt Rail Gun

Best 1911 I have ever owned, got it "used" on gun broker but when it came to me it was spotless, no wear marks or evidence of firing that I could tell. It functioned flawlessly with several types of ammo with no cleaning for 300+ rounds before it failed to feed. I swiped the feed ramp clean and kept on shooting. She's a tank!
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe
Old April 10, 2013, 07:10 AM   #3
kozzmo1

This isnt mine, its my dads, still looking to get my first gun. But it's a HK USP .40 Compact
IMAG0138[1].jpg
Old April 10, 2013, 08:19 AM   #4
meadams314

Sig Sauer STX- .45 1911

So I bought my first handgun recently... after wanting a 1911 for years, just never seeming to have the money I finally had the opportunity and the money Went up to the local gunshop only to be told her distributors were sold out of all 1911s other than a couple chambered for .22lr. She said if I could find one online somewhere she'd accept it, so I headed home to look. Found one on auction with 0 bids and 30 minutes left so I jumped on it... after the most nervewracking 30 minute wait of my life, I won it. Made arrangements, paid for it.... waited for it... for what seemed like an eternity.... FINALLY the tracking page said it had been delivered so I called the gunshop only to be told nothing had arrived. WHAT?! I'm sitting here looking at a tracking page that says delivered and has a man's signature.. so she tells me that we need to get ahold of who I bought it from and get it's serial number so we can report it to the ATF as a stolen handgun. At this point i'm torn between wanting to kill somebody and wanting to cry. I waited all that night for the GS I bought it from to open again, as I had called them but had to leave a voicemail. They called me back within 5 minutes of opening the next morning, sounding very worried. She looked up the address where they shipped it, and it turned out they had shipped it to a similarly named gunshop about 10 blocks from where it was supposed to have gone.. so I got they're phone number and called. He told me that yes he had my gun, and yes I could come pick it up!! Thank God...

So anyway, here she is:

Hasn't given me a single problem yet- functioned flawlessly right out of the box (after cleaning of course), also more accurate than I am. Got 158 rounds through it so far, 100 S&b 230gr FMJ, 50 Federal 230gr FMJ, and 8 Buffalo Bore 185gr +p JHP.

Haven't done anything to it yet, but i'm looking at purchasing a Wilson Combat extended slide release as my first mod..

Last edited by meadams314; April 10, 2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added pics
Old April 10, 2013, 02:18 PM   #5
kozzmo1

i love both of the triggers on your guns guys, my friend owns a 1911 and i love the trigger on it! It feels so much different than a normal trigger
Old April 10, 2013, 02:33 PM   #6
DBLAction454

Re: Semi-Auto Handgun Show-N-Tell

My first handgun. HK USP45 and I put Heinie Straight Eight night sights on it.

LGS had it ordered and waiting for me on my 21st birthday. Except my birthday fell on memorial day that year and they were closed.... but after the owner told me they were closed that day he told me to meet him there at 1pm. I was there at 12:55 and he unlocked the door just for me and sold it to me on my birthday while he was closed. Walked out with me and locked up. I'll never forget that... and I'll never sell this one. Its my baby

1,680 rounds. Zero failures or stoppages
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1365622258907.jpg (44.1 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by DBLAction454; April 11, 2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old April 10, 2013, 03:04 PM   #7
meadams314

Quote:
i love both of the triggers on your guns guys, my friend owns a 1911 and i love the trigger on it! It feels so much different than a normal trigger
5lb SA trigger, breaks like a sheet of glass

Last edited by meadams314; April 10, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old April 10, 2013, 03:18 PM   #8
kozzmo1

@DBLAction its stories like those that make something really special, and its a great gun as well. Im getting a Sig P226 for graduation, i dont plan on ever getting rid of it. It'll also be my first pistol from my dad
Old April 10, 2013, 07:32 PM   #9
DBLAction454

Re: Semi-Auto Handgun Show-N-Tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzmo1 View Post
@DBLAction its stories like those that make something really special, and its a great gun as well. Im getting a Sig P226 for graduation, i dont plan on ever getting rid of it. It'll also be my first pistol from my dad
Thanks bud.

Learning to shoot with my Dad teaching me is one of my best memories. Feeds into my love of firearms.
Old April 11, 2013, 04:26 PM   #10
wbw

Here are three of my favorites. First is my XDm. I've added fiber optics to this gun and some rubberized grip tape. It's dead nuts reliable.

Next is my Witness Compact. I really like the Tanfoglio pistols. Well made in my opinion.

Last is my Witness Elite Match. Notice that I like two tone handguns? All of these pistols are in 9mm. I love all of them.

Old April 11, 2013, 06:13 PM   #11
Stevie-Ray

My Colt Mark IV. Bought in the 80s as a replacement for an AMT Govt. model for $459 NIB. Perfectly reliable, but underwhelming accuracy. Well, it isn't Gold Cup. I decided to customize it myself for a IPSC club that was starting up around here and added a Centaur Systems Quadracomp bull barrel and compensator, along with their "adjustable" extended slide stop. Also added a Wilson trigger and ejector and a Pachmayr adjustable sight. With my chosen loads, a practice 185 gr LSWC and a 200 gr LSWC that "made major," it was simply the most accurate center-fire auto I've ever shot. About the time I had it ready, I was chosen for the FoMoCo apprenticeship program for Industrial Electricity, which meant long hours, not to mention college, so my IPSC dream was, for the foreseeable future, over. I used it for my first CPL class, as we were told there was not a requirement for guns and ammunition, so I opted for this and my own reloads. During range time, when my wife called me for a slight emergency, he also told me there was no requirement on time, just fire 60 rounds. I fired all 60 rounds into a 2 inch circle in just a couple minutes. He laughed, shook his head, signed my papers and I was out of there.

Old April 11, 2013, 06:16 PM   #12
KyJim

Back in the mid to late 80s, I found myself occasionally in bad parts of town on legitimate and necessary business. State law allowed open carry but that wasn't practical for many reasons. No such thing as a concealed carry license back then, at least not in my state. While concealed carry has never been considered a big deal here, I sure never wanted to pay a fine and maybe spend a night in jail. Between a rock and a hard place, I purchased a tiny mouse gun to carry when I had to go in the bad sections of town. I purchased a .25 acp Beretta 950 and pocket carried it. I still have it but haven't shot it in a very long time.

Here it is with a Colt Mustang, Sig P238 and Ruger LCP, all in .380:

I figure I'll still have the Beretta and pocket carry when I get old and arthritic and can't rack a slide. It has a tip up barrel that you can slip the round into.
Old April 11, 2013, 06:41 PM   #13
PSP

A brief rundown of a few of my guns.

My first gun was a Colt Woodsman, purchased in 1968. Went to the gun shop to buy a different (inferior) pistol and the shop owner talked me into the Colt. Best $75 I ever spent.

Went through a Sig stage. My favorite of the bunch is probably my P232SL, a beautiful gun. The one that garnered the most attention by far was a P232 Rainbow Titanium finish.

Longest carried is my Seecamp, bought sight unseen, based on it's reputation. A jewel.

I'm a HK fanboy, have a bunch of them, perhaps the best buys I've ever come by. Found a P7 with 4 mags for a steal, then a year old USPf for an even better steal. I love Gander Mtn.

I love Walthers. One of my grail guns was the TPH in .25acp. Found one and it's little .22lr brother after years of searching. That's one hard to find gun.

Berettas turn me on. My best may be the 92fs Vertec Inox, but my favorite is my old 84. A truly great carry gun. My most recent buy is a .22lr 70s, another gun I've looked years for.

Do you Daewoo? I do. Have a couple but my favorite by far is the little DP52, a Walther PP clone... but better, in .22lr.

Eight, count them, a eight Kahr garage. My first was a 1996 K9. My favorite and newest, a TP9. If you like one, you'll like them all.

There are others but nothing remarkable, Colt, Springfield, American Arms, Browning, Llama, Bersa, Sphinx, CZ, Firestorm, Makarov, S&W and a Glock or two. Forty Five years of collecting.

Here's the first and the latest.

Old April 12, 2013, 03:52 PM   #14
Sharpsdressed Man

Maybe my most interesting handgun

A custom Caspian framed 1911 with extra slide/barrel units. It shoots 10mm, .45, .38 Super and 9mm with swap outs. Finish is Birdsong's "Green-T", and all was built and accurized by Scott Mulkerin at SDM Fabricating. [IMG][/IMG]
Old April 14, 2013, 10:48 AM   #15
kozzmo1

Nice guns everyone! Lets see some more
Old April 14, 2013, 12:18 PM   #16
sureshot106

Here"s Mine

I guess you could say I like S&W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (237.0 KB, 96 views)
Old April 14, 2013, 04:27 PM   #17
SterlingtheBandit

The bug-out baby...

I'm a CZ junkie. I lived in the Czech Republic in middle school, so the brand has a special appeal to me - besides the astounding reliability, design, and accuracy that CZ is known for. My very first handgun was a CZ 52 (manufactured the year of my birth, 1984), and after that I bought a CZ 75B w/Omega trigger (which I sold after my divorce - a decision that's haunted me ever since, as it was the best all-around firearm I've ever shot).

I decided to get back into the polymer game, and I really wanted another CZ. So, P-07 Duty it was. Mine is from the "B" series production run, so no mag drop/frame bulge/return to battery issues. Sublime ergos, high-cap (16+1 in 9mm), surgically accurate, and good looking (from my point of view - but I still hold that the 75B is the most attractive pistol ever designed).

Sorry for the lousy picture quality. I haven't had a chance to sit down and use a non-phone camera to document its beauty. And yes, I'm aware that it is regarded as butt-ugly by some. That said, I think it has far more character than competing XDs, Glocks, and M&Ps, even though I like all of those guns. Upcoming mods? Steel guide rod, new sights, tac-light (maybe). Next purchase? Probably a SP-01 or 75BD. Also, does anyone know of any good paddle holsters that fit the P-07?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CZpo7.jpg (75.4 KB, 504 views)
File Type: jpg IMG951298.jpg (232.5 KB, 511 views)
Past firearms (in order of acquisition): CZ 52, Hi-Point 9mm Carbine, Alchemy Arms Spectre .45, CZ 75B, Smith and Wesson M&P .40c. Past issued weapons: M16A4 w/M203, M4, M249 SAW. Current firearms: CZ P-07 Duty 9mm, To Be Continued.

Last edited by SterlingtheBandit; April 14, 2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Add pics.
Old April 14, 2013, 07:11 PM   #18
kozzmo1

Bump
Old April 14, 2013, 09:08 PM   #19
dstryr

wbw, you re-ignited my interest in a witness compact and I thank you!

Here's my edc FNP40 with a DeSantis 160 80 IWB holster.

http://www.dstryr.com/
Old April 15, 2013, 05:28 PM   #20
Hardballer

I won't bore you with all my handguns, so I'll just hit you with the first and last, for now.

First handgun I ever bought is a used AMT Hardballer (hence my username). I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I've never had a single issue with it in four years of AMT ownership. I got a pretty good deal on it too. $400 out the door for the gun, two mags, holster, soft case, and 50rds of Winchester FMJ.

And my most recent handgun purchase: A 100th Anniversary Colt 1911. I just happened to be in my LGS when the clerk pulled three of these out of the back room. The guy next to me wanted to buy all three, but since myself and another customer expressed interest, the clerk sold us each one. Fortunately, they weren't sequential, so the first guy backed off.
Old April 15, 2013, 05:46 PM   #21
BigJimP

Handguns - Nov 2009 001.jpg some of my 1911's ...Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Kimber..../ Wilson blued 5" is my primary carry gun in .45 acp / stainless wilson is my primary practice gun 5" in 9mm....Baer in 5" 9mm monolith ...a Kimber gold combat stainless II in .45 acp and a Kimber tactical Pro II model, 4" in 9mm..../bought everything new.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...5&d=1357929955 some of my S&W revolvers in .357 mag ( K, L and N frames).... a pair of model 19's 4" in Nickel, a pair of model 66's stainless 4" / a model 27 6" blued / a model 686 6" stainless .....picked them up over time...( they were all used )

http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...0&d=1339790943 ....about a yr old now ...a new member to my collection a Freedom Arms, single action, 4 3/4" octagonal barrel, large frame, 5 shot made in .357 Mag....( my birthday present to myself last year). This is quite a piece of craftmanship ...I'm really happy with it.
Old April 15, 2013, 06:08 PM   #22
BuckRub

Alot of nice guns, yours too BigJim. But I think a full size glock is as pretty as they come.
Old April 18, 2013, 07:09 AM   #23
kozzmo1

Really nice guns guys! 1911's are one of my favorites if I wanna get an older gun it will defiantly be a 1911
Old April 18, 2013, 07:25 PM   #24
meadams314

I've always wanted a 1911, since I was a kid.. not really sure what it is about them, I guess it's cause they're so sexy
Old April 18, 2013, 08:37 PM   #25
Sharpsdressed Man

A Man from U.N.C.L.E Gun

that shoots live ammo, and sports a "tactical" sound suppressor. Modified Walther P1 9mm with AAC Scorpion moderator. Not "silent" but the suppressor cuts enough of the blast to save your ears in an enclosure. .............................................................. [IMG][/IMG]