The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 8, 1999, 10:48 PM   #1
Spike

Considering a Vang Comp Tactical 870. Anyone had any experience (pro or con)?
Old December 9, 1999, 02:23 AM   #2
oberkommando

Would do it again. Pattern is much 50% tighter than before. And love those MMC ghost rings, no muzzle jump a little less recoil. Am still waiting for benelli when I will do thorough test. Fit and finish great.
Old December 9, 1999, 10:57 PM   #3
Spike

Thanks. I've read a couple of articles praising the Vang Comp system and have checked their website. I think Gunsite endorses and uses them but I wanted another opinion. I have been debating between modifying my stock 870 or buying a complete VCS gun. I just finished doing the math and think I'd probably be just as well off to buy the complete gun.

Thanks again.

Spike.
Old December 12, 1999, 06:40 PM   #4
Blue Jays

Hi Spike-

Just wanted to send you a related URL link that you might find interesting on this subject:
http://www.thefiringline.com/NonCGI/...ML/000223.html

Hope you find it helpful.....

Regards,

~ Blue Jays ~
Old December 12, 1999, 08:00 PM   #5
Jeff Thomas

Hans not only does a great job, he is a great guy. Never met him in person, but I've dealt with him via email and over the phone. He is a pleasure. He'll do what he says he'll do, at a fair price. And, he'll help any way he can.

When I took a tactical shotgun class, the instructor kept wanting to shoot my 870.

I had him modify my existing 870, and my math indicated that made the most sense. Good luck - you'll like the results either way.