The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 30, 2005, 12:06 PM   #1
JuniorCommando

Location: North Carolina southern state where Class 3's banned!!
TAC Trigger

Let me first start off by mentioning that the TAC-Trigger is a piece of junk. I got it for free at a gunshow as part of a bundle. I was unable to find any good info on the TAC trigger after an extensive search on both google and yahoo. So to all those in the future who are considering a TAC, let it be known this is a piece of crap!

What you get:
2 pieces of paper
A cheaply made hinge (supposedly steel but deforms like cheap aluminum)
A "rubber retaininer" AKA as a rubber band
A locking block, which suprisingly works, but it'll scratch your trigger guard if you tighten it too much

Try calling the number for support and you will get a busy signal!
Old August 30, 2005, 12:13 PM   #2
JuniorCommando

Location: North Carolina southern state where Class 3's banned!!
TAC Trigger Part II

OK so we know the TAC trigger sucks. But the idea of a "palpitating trigger" is still an interesting concept. I think the main thing necessary for this idea to work is a way for the trigger to rebound back after a trigger pull with more force than the trigger pull itself.

So for example, suppose my AR-15 has a 5 pound trigger pull. When the hammer is cocked again, the trigger rebounds back with 7 pounds of force.

Once the trigger is back in position, my 5 pound trigger pull will fire the weapon again.

In this manner I can get simulated full auto with just a constant 5 pound trigger pull.

I think if we all collectively put our minds together we can come up with a device that can get simulated full auto and BATF legal.
Old August 30, 2005, 02:19 PM   #3
3 weelin geezer

What are you going to do with it? If you haven't thrown it away in disgust, can I have it please? I am interested in how this thing functions. Btw, the poor video they show of the 10-22 shooting like full auto IS. Thats why they don't make a better quality video or sell it on a cd. I asked and they took forever and just said no we don't have a better one or do we sell a cd so you can clearly see how it works----or not.

Last edited by 3 weelin geezer; August 30, 2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old August 30, 2005, 02:28 PM   #4
3 weelin geezer

These things don't really work like that. Its more of an aid to bump fire the gun. I have a video of me with one of those hell fire things on an rpk. It works pretty good off the shoulder suprisingly. The gun was a dirty that day so I only got 3 rd bursts and it jammed a lot. If it hadn't it actually shoots like in the video. I have a hard time using it on my sks though. The trigger pull on that one is very heavy and makes it very hard to get it to work.