The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

View Poll Results: 500A for HD.Do you keep one in the chamber?
Yes 17 34.69%
No 32 65.31%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 19, 2012, 03:22 AM   #26
TheKlawMan

What Zimmerman is going through is a good example of how a good or a bad shooting can turn a life upside down, but I wouldn't call it a good shoot. I won't say more as on a general discussion thread of this forum we have been asked not to discuss the case.
Old August 19, 2012, 06:55 AM   #27
DunRanull

Location: Southern Colorado, where a small working knowledge of southwestern Hispanic culture is considered polite.
Asked not to discuss the case? I didnt get the memo.. what was the reasoning behind that?

Last edited by DunRanull; August 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old August 19, 2012, 11:09 AM   #28
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

As for "ill intent"... I wouldn't consider such a move...

As for the Seminole County Fl. Case... Mods have made it clear that the discussions are off the table until more facts are provided for a fair more informed discussion...

I expect we will see it opened for discussion soon...

Brent
Old August 19, 2012, 11:13 AM   #29
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

As for making a mistake... SURE I HAVE!!! And one involved "lethal Force"... I was incorrectly informed by an officer that FLA allows a citizen to use force to detain a "felon"... So I held the crack dealer at knife point...

Later I was to learn that it requires the BG to have committed and "AGGRAVATED FELONY"... Lucky for me, the officer didn't even ask my name and told me NOT to listen to an officer's definition of law and to reseach it in the statutes first... which I immediately did...

Brent
Old August 19, 2012, 11:03 PM   #30
scottd913

first (hogdogs) i would like to apologize for calling you hotdog was honest mistake.
second on the point of where i get off with the shoot first ask question second is indeed my business not anybody else. i do not have do defend why i do what i do in my HOME!.
i would think a libertarian would know and believe in that.

lastly no i do not worry about shooting some one who mistakenly entering my home in the we-hours EVERYONE I KNOW, KNOW I HAVE LOTS OF GUNS AND AM NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM. they also know my house is not a hang out spot as i am very anti-social at 3am.
Old August 20, 2012, 03:28 AM   #31
TheKlawMan

Quote:
second on the point of where i get off with the shoot first ask question second is indeed my business not anybody else. i do not have do defend why i do what i do in my HOME!.
Texas has a pretty strong castle doctrine, but be ready to defend youself if you shoot the wrong guy.
Old August 25, 2012, 10:07 PM   #32
MR.G

I keep the tube full, but no shell in the chamber.