The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 07:21 PM   #1
old45reloader

primers

Looking to buy sp and lp primers.I know everybody ,else is looking to.
Old May 20, 2009, 06:17 PM   #2
James R. Burke

Good luck. If you can try the small ma and pa shops, and dont pay any crazy prices. It is a bad time but it will get better. Sorry I cant help you much.
Old May 20, 2009, 06:21 PM   #3
Shoney

I hate to say this, but there are lots of hoarders out there who will sell them to you if you are willing to pay rediculously high prices.

So! What are they worth to you?
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old May 20, 2009, 09:36 PM   #4
4T4MAG

I have found a few small gun shops that have primers. Prices fluctuate drastically depending on the dealer. One shop wanted $55 for 1000 LMP primers. How much are primers in your area?
Old May 20, 2009, 10:03 PM   #5
fatboy02

Find a local shop or a few that are not gouging the customer and check in with them regularly. I have been able to find primers here and there and one shop even holds me a box when they get them in.

I refuse to buy at inflated prices and have let owners of those shops know that when this is over I will continue to "NOT" spend my money there.

The local shops that have not raised there prices are getting a lot of my money.
Old May 20, 2009, 10:21 PM   #6
Shoney

In defense of "local shops", they cannot get primers at the same price as larger chain stores who buy in very large lots. I have actually seen the books on one distributor who was asking a lot more wholesale, than the shop could buy from Powder Valley.

Small shops must make a profit, or they will not remain in buisness. With all the Walmart, Sportsmans Surplus, Bass Pro, Cabela Stores and others, the Mom and Pop outfits cannot compete in price, and must charge more. They will often have hard to find "stuff" where you will never get it from chain stores.

Once these smaller stores are gone, we the buying public, are the loosers. OK. OK. I'll get off my soap box.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old May 20, 2009, 11:01 PM   #7
Prince55

Small Stores---

Shoney, Nice post. You are so Right.

Buy from the small guys to keep them around.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:20 AM   #8
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

We have a "sticky" thread, at the top of this forum. It deals with primers, bullets, cases, prices, etc. I have merged many similar threads into that thread.

But nobody ever reads these threads, that are located at the top of the forum, do they? [shrug] I'm beginning to believe that some just waltz in here and start a new thread without ever once seeing if there just might be a similar thread already in existence! [sigh]

Do we need yet another thread on this subject?

No.
Closed Thread