The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 23, 2006, 12:28 AM   #1
9mm_prn

IDPA Targets

Can anyone direct me to plans for building my own targets (the same that might be used in a match).

Thanks!
Old February 23, 2006, 09:32 AM   #2
Mike T

I believe the dimensions of the target are in the rule book. I just use a paper plate, it roughly resembles the zero down zone, I suppose I'm a believer in the "aim small, hit small" school of thought. Paper IDPA targets are available through Brownells if you're interested.
Old February 23, 2006, 10:46 PM   #3
9mm_prn

Thanks. I'll get my hands on a rule book. Is there a website I can go to where I can get one sent to me? The paper is a good idea but I would really like to make some steel targets. I have access to my wifes Dad's machine shop and want to take advantage of it before we move (plasma cutter, Iron worker, lathe, milling machines etc.) I'm feeling crafty.
Old March 4, 2006, 12:26 AM   #4
GSD

I also use paper plates, I will purchase different kinds to represent good guys from bad guys.

I usually draw a black dot in the middle of them, I am also from the school, "aim small, miss small."