The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 16, 2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Noxout

Westchester County Handgun Safety Class

I'm looking into taking the Westchester County Pistol/Revolver Licensing & Basic Safety Class at Blueline Tactical Supply. I was wondering if anybody has taking it there in the past or if anybody has any information or heads-up tips before I take the class.

If not there where else can I take a safety course I would need to meet the requirements for the pistol permit?

As state previously by other people this looks like it's going to be a loooooon process and I want to get the ball rolling ASAP. Thanks!
Old May 17, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2
ClydeFrog

Utah permit class?...

Are you taking the UT concealed permit class too?
I looked over Blueline's site & shop. It's not bad but I didn't take any of the classes there. The cadre & mgmt seem competent.
The SIG Sauer Academy & the S&W programs(Springfield MA) are not far away from Westchester County NY.
Both gun companies have highly skilled, respected instructors who teach tactics, gun safety, home defense-protection, etc.

See; www.sigsauer.com www.smithandwesson.com .

Clyde F
Old May 17, 2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Noxout

I wasn't planning on taking the UT concealed permit class, just looking to take the basic safety one needed for the Pistol Permit.

I'll take a look at the others you listed. Just trying to see what options are out there.
Old May 19, 2013, 10:48 PM   #4
magnum777

I live in westchester county N.Y. There is nothing special you need to do to take the class, but you better have all your paperwork in order when you turn it into the county office for processing, I hope blueline will do that for you, if not, look up RT smoking gun shop, in Mount Vernon, they will help you out.
Unfortunately, it is a long process to get you permit.
Old May 20, 2013, 08:24 AM   #5
Noxout

I plan on signing up for Blueline Tactical's next class on Saturday June 1st. I already picked up the package from the county clerk's office, yet to really read through it all, a bit thick.

Hopefully they'll help me out with it all, if not I take a look into the shop in Mount Vernon. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it's going to be a long process, but I gotta start it a some point. Pretty frustration that it's going to take so long but what you gonna do...