The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 25, 2002, 10:47 AM   #1
stevie_d_64

Another magazine inquiry...

Since it is a slow week at the office, I decided after getting a few things done today to give my Bushmaster Rep a call...

One of the things I was looking into this last weekend, and finally got to asking about was the scarcity of quality 20 to 30 round magazines for my AR...

After a while of discussion, I came to the conclusion that any of us who are looking to get a load out of magazines for these rifles, we may need to become very adept at turning a wrench on these things and tweeking them ourselves...

I have a couple of 20's which are in pretty good shape, but could use a little work...I think by getting some good instruction on doing that, would be in good order...

I gues what I need to hear from here, is are there any local credible sources for these AR magazines in the Southeast Texas area that anyone knows of???

I am looking for some that are at least workable from the get go...And will only require a little maintenance from time to time...

I know I can replace components in these magazines, but would like them to be able to operate fairly sucessfully right off the bat and would like to reserve the replacement of any parts somewhere down the line...

But is most of this wishful thinkun? Any magazine hounds out there who can set me straight?

I would prefer not to get any magazines that have more than 30 rounds per...I can see that being the capacity limit for me...I can certainly go for some 20's or 25's (if they make those)...

But in any event, any magazine wisdom or procedures are welcome...

Thanks...
Old November 27, 2002, 05:54 PM   #2
Jerry Stordahl

Steve: May I suggest you peruse the For Sale sections on various websites......especially www.ar15.com You will find more than you want to know about magazines for the AR platform. Good hunting!