The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old September 1, 2005, 11:03 AM   #1
noob
Registration in progress

Places to shoot north of Atlanta?

I hope I am in the right forum. I just moved to Atlanta from Los Angeles and back there we had areas in the desert where people would go to squeze off a few rounds. Are there similar places here besides a range? If not can you suggest couple of ranges where I can take my AR-15, a AK-47 knockoff and a .50 cal desert eagle?
Old September 2, 2005, 01:55 PM   #2
Brian D.

There would likely be someplace to shoot in the National Forest that would be in that area. As memory serves there's quite a bit of NF land north and east of Atlanta. Also I think there's a website called "placestoshoot.org" or some such, that should help you out.
Old September 3, 2005, 05:32 PM   #3
choice.of.beverage

call the DNR and you can find a WMA with range closest to you for free shooting. the one i go to down southeast of atlanta, in Mansfield, has a 50yd and a 100yd range. or go to the GA DNR website http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/ and look at the list of WMA's with ranges.

for other places google places to shoot and you'll find a site like Brian D. was saying.