The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old August 21, 2005, 08:24 PM   #1
Jamie Young

The Rally Point-August 20th After Action Report

After Action Report:

What a success!!

We had a record breaking 56 people come out.

A very special thanks to the sponsors:

Jason Schafer of www.jsholsters.com for running the Utah CCW course and the Glock pistolsmith course. Another special thanks for everyone that worked the JSholsters table and volunteered their time to helping out on the range.

Thanks to Fernando Coelho of www.amback.com for also sponsoring the event. All of the giveaways were from the Amback store.

The Range Officers: Thanks to Ray Reno, Jay Kubick and George Tomko Sr.
Thanks to Dead (George Tomko Jr.) for not drinking all the Gatorade (and helping run the sign in booth).

A very special thanks to all of you for bringing out the toys, especially, Mike Shovel from www.corbon.com for his contribution to the fun at the pistol range (and giving out all that ammo for us to test).

Most of us started out here at TFL and we've grown in numbers. Thanks to Rich Lucibella for the opportunity to even dwell here.

All in all it was a great day.

Lastly, we have been asked to bring our fun to a new grounds. The President of www.efga.net has invited us up to his club in Easton, PA to expand our territory.

The Rally Point gatherings may move to other gun clubs and ranges in the future.

Thanks!

Jamie Young

*edited* And a very special thanks to Dave Markowitz our designated legal advisor and Mike B for his photography.
Old August 21, 2005, 08:51 PM   #2
Jamie Young

Let the picture posting begin:

Lots of pictures here Pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg August 20th 2005.jpg (93.8 KB, 57 views)
Old August 21, 2005, 09:21 PM   #3
Dead

Indeed a big thanks to Mike Shovel for bringing out the 500 S&W & 460 Ruger Mags with LOTS of Corbon ammo for everyone to try out. Also for the gel testing of the Corbon ammo! Very impressive stuff. That 500 mag is a handful to say the least, I think I will stick with my little 44mag

A big thank you to Jason Schafer (I think you are the one that was giving the shooting part of the UT CCW course?) for helping out novice shooters, with saftey and learning better shooting in general.

A big thanks to Jamie, and Mr. K80 (aka Geoff Ross) for putting this together. Everyone should thank Mr. K80 for taking nearly the WHOLE day to man the sign in table, and barely going to the firing line at all (well other than to try out and M1 Carbine and the 500 S&W, and 460 Ruger that Mike Shovel brought).

A big thank you to the Range Officers that helped to ensure that everyone followed the 4 rules.
Old August 21, 2005, 09:23 PM   #4
Marcus

Thanks for another GREAT shoot Jamie (and company)! I brought a friend along who was a little reluctant before hand but by the end of the shoot he didn`t want it to end and was asking when the next one would be. Marcus
Old August 21, 2005, 09:26 PM   #5
SGHOTH

Sorry I missed this one. Looks like everyone had a good time.
Old August 21, 2005, 09:27 PM   #6
Asmodeous

Sorry I missed this one; I ended up in the ER to 4 AM Saturday morning and had to take it easy for the day.
Old August 21, 2005, 09:33 PM   #7
Jamie Young

Quote:
Sorry I missed this one; I ended up in the ER to 4 AM Saturday morning and had to take it easy for the day.
Good excuse.

More pictures will be coming in the next few days.

I need sleep.
Old August 21, 2005, 10:29 PM   #8
hoseman

Thanks Jamie and all those that help that day. I had a great time and spent lots of ammo and got to see everyone's toys. The utah class was great. Can't wait for another rally .....
Old August 22, 2005, 06:23 AM   #9
Jody Hudson

All you folks, vendors and Jamie of course!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see some creative captioning HERE, of some of the pics; just copy and resize as you wish then put here and caption as you see fit!!!

Group Portraits

Lots more pictures

The Women!!!

Corbon Testing Pictures

Lots and LOTS of fun and I love to learn from the gel shooting pics
Old August 22, 2005, 08:56 AM   #10
Mark54g

Jody,

You may want to pick up a copy of Ulead Photoimpact. TONS cheaper than Photoshop and will give you lots of stuff to edit, resize, etc.

Btw, thanks for all your hard work, Jamie. It was a fun day.

Thanks to everyone else for helping me, too
Old August 22, 2005, 10:09 AM   #11
Dave Markowitz

An excellent time, as always.

Jody, download Irfanview and you'll be able to resize your images quite easily. Best of all, it's free.
Old August 22, 2005, 12:34 PM   #12
dave_in_delaware

An awesome time...

Thank you everyone who made my (and my girlfriend's) Saturday so much fun. It was exciting, informative, and interesting. We had a wonderful time and can't wait for the next meet! Everyone was friendly and willing to share/talk. It was an awesome first-time gun rally experience for us.

Special thanks to Jamie, Jason (JSHolsters), Mike (Corbon), Jody (Mr. Photographer), the RO's, and Water & Wings.

I enjoyed meeting new people, learning more about guns (especially my older pistols - thanks Bill), and getting to shoot something different. I stood back and watched everyone/everything for a while at first, sort of absorbing all the new sights and guns and people, and then got more involved. Over the course of the afternoon, through observation, I also learned something very important that will help me mentally and emotionally at the range (and in general) from now on. Thanks everyone for that much-needed realization!

The Rally Point was an awesome meet! We're looking forward to the next one! Thanks again!

1. Springfield Armory XD-9 sub-compact (1110 rnds as of 06/18/05)
2. Springfield Armory XD-9 sub-compact (w/ blue & silver GK, gift for fiancee)
3. Ithaca Gun Company Model 37 12ga shotgun (from Grandfather)
4. Future: AR-15 build
Old August 22, 2005, 06:21 PM   #13
DanV1317

Jamie, what is the date, time, and place for the next shoot????????
Old August 22, 2005, 09:15 PM   #14
Jamie Young

You guys can always bug www.efga.net to let us have a Fall one.

Email the President and tell him you want one.

Also, bookmark www.firearms.org and keep an eye on future dates. We may start locking dates for as late as next spring. I'll pick through the best pictures and start posting them on Firearms.org
Old August 25, 2005, 05:52 PM   #15
huntatnight

This is the second time I have been a guest at W&W. I must say I was welcomed, introduced to many members (Thanks Marcus!!), and had a great time before having to leave early on both occasions.

Also, let me state that right off the bat that I was very aware of how serious everyone felt about firearm safety! That's a group you don't mind being around!
Look forward to seeing you all again,

John
Old August 25, 2005, 06:02 PM   #16
dasmi

Looks like you had some fun!
Old August 25, 2005, 06:25 PM   #17
huntatnight

Had a great time, went through the Utah non-resident CCW class, excellent training, and fired more than a few rounds on the range. all in all a good time for an old "road dog".........
Old August 25, 2005, 07:52 PM   #18
Jamie Young

Here's a few pictures.

I'll be posting most of the pictures on www.firearms.org in the next week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mike B trying to make the Rally Point go LIVE.jpg (133.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Mike Shovel of Corbon testing ammo.jpg (135.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Dan and Dave.jpg (127.6 KB, 38 views)
Old September 8, 2005, 02:36 PM   #19
P95Carry

Jamie - I can't believe the 20th is already so long ago - I had meant to check in after the event, yet only just remembered.

Seems like another resounding success - what a great turnout. I was once more sorry not to be seeing some old friends, and new. I certainly could never have made it that day.

Now of course the new decison-maker is gas prices - to come out East right now would be not easy - I'd be lookin' at approx #100 just for gas. Oh well - seems long distance shoots will be a thing of the past, at least for now.

If anything ever gets fixed a bit more to West then maybe I could still get along. Kudos to you and all who made the obvious success it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh and Jodey - sorry missed seeing you too - looked thru some pics of yours and Mike's too - excellent.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site
Old September 13, 2005, 10:45 PM   #20
Jamie Young

Quote:
Jamie - I can't believe the 20th is already so long ago -
Neither can I!!

Guys, I know I'm late with the picture posting, but the new website info on the next shoot have been moving at a snails pace due to my busy work/vacation schedule.

I also got back from a recent trip to www.efga.net and checked out the place for the next shoot. It looks like they will be far more accomodating than W&W ever was. I have pictures of my trip and I'll post them when I get a chance. The range has more shooting stations for pistols, and a more carbine friendly rifle range. There isn't any long range shooting, but it is a friendlier atmosphere.

P95Carry- I think it is time for me to make a trip out your way for a change. Tell me the time and place and I'll be there. Just give me about a months notice.
Old September 13, 2005, 10:55 PM   #21
P95Carry

Jamie - well only prob here is getting the range appropriated for a day. My main club where I shoot IDPA and PPC is just dandy - anyone would love it - but the schedule is so darned full I don't know how I'd get something fixed. That'd be prime choice.

The one that might work is where we had a shoot back in May - See post-shoot write up and pics and I'd have to check with the guy who is member there. It is well off the main road but I have directions info Which is in this thread

If this could be planned to work then it'd be good - tho I appreciate it's one heck of a long ways for many folks to come.

Give me your thoughts and we'll go from there. Maybe as year goes into winter, we could think ahead to spring again.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site
Old September 14, 2005, 08:01 AM   #22
Jody Hudson

Just let me know guys! I will do the trip and be there if possible! These meets are a GOOD THING!