The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old March 9, 2001, 09:27 PM   #1
AR-10

I was looking for an old thread I posted to and cannot find it. Are threads of dubious value scuttled after so long? Just curious. If they are, I may have to figure out how to save information I want to access again to disc. That would involve asking the wife to show me how. Kind of like asking for directions when you're lost. Thanks.
Old March 9, 2001, 11:18 PM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Old threads are not discarded. That is one of the unique and valuable features of The Firing Line.

Try playing with the search function some more and see if you come up with it. If not, post what you know about it here and maybe someone else can dig it up.

HTH!
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old March 9, 2001, 11:19 PM   #3
Mal H
Staff

Let's see if we can help before you have to resort to drastic measures like that!

Threads are very rarely deleted no matter what the content. I assume you looked at all the threads you have posted to with the "View all posts by member". If you didn't find it there, what are some key words and approx. date of the post?
Old March 9, 2001, 11:21 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Amazing how often several of us post at the same time even though there was no response for hours!
Old March 10, 2001, 06:32 AM   #5
AR-10

I found it. I was seaching through posts I made in a specific forum,but the search feature will only look back to 2-18-01 when I use this method. I finally remembered a key word that took me where I wanted to go.

One small point related to searches. I use Windows 4.5 Internet explorer. When I use the search feature on this site, I have to hit the refresh button at the top of my screen shortly after executing a search,or even when going to page two of the search results,or the computer justs sits there staring at me blankly.

No complaint,just an observation. I use the search feature here a lot and I think it's amazing what a person can learn by digging around here. This really is a great resource for the shooting community.

Thanks for your time,suggestions,and patience.

Oh,this thing about the computer staring at me. Is this an indication that maybe I need to get out a bit more?
Mildly concerned.