The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old March 30, 2009, 02:45 PM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Favorite hog charge footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WwK_...eature=related
I really like this vid as it shows that even with wide open land to evade, the hog can and will target the predator in an attempt to aid escape...
Tell that didn't leave a mark!!!
Brent
Old March 30, 2009, 04:57 PM   #2
OLNfan

Awesome link, thanks for showin that one Brent!
"Dear Governor Axtell. I've heard that you will give 200 dollars for my head. Perhaps we should meet and talk. I am at the Juarez village at the border. Send 3 men, and instruct them not to shoot, as I am unarmed. In short, Sir; I surrender. Your obedient servant William H. Bonney. PS: I changed my mind. Kiss my ass."
Old March 30, 2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Kendo

My 19 year old son, my 4 year old daughter and myself were coyote hunting about 2 months ago. We had been calling for about 2 hours when I saw this pig at about 125 yds. I told my son ,who had my .308 heavy bbl rifle, " Holy crap theres a hog shoot em. Hog steps into the shadows, he takes the shot and misses right behind him. The hog, thinkin something tried to get him from behind,runs straight up the hill to us. I keep tellin my son take him ,Kill him, get on him damnit. But he cant find him in the scope. we are sittin in the only trees on our end of the field and it occurs to me this dudes commin in here with us, more importantly with my 4 year old daughter.Yeah not today. At 30 feet I drew down with the 12 gauge BLAM !! The # 4's really ticked him off! When I shot him again at 8 feet his ears were pinned back and his eyes were straight on me . This blast turned him and I put another right behind his ear at about 5 feet. He rolled out about 10 feet from our tree. I looked at my boy and his eyes were huge and he started to appologize. He had never even saw a wild pig and he new that sucker was coming to get us. This pig only weighed 90 to 95 pounds, but no one had ever told him he was a little un. I particularly enjoyed eatin that one!