The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 10, 2005, 09:14 PM   #1
ShottyTim

Help Id This Autoloader

Hey guys my dad just gave me a shotgun, and i was curious if any of you well educated gun nuts know anything about it, good or bad. The gun is an autoloading winchester model 1500 XTR 12 gauge 2 and 3/4. It has id say abot a 20 in barrel wood stock and forend really really clean with a screw in choke, imp cyl i think is what it says, it only holds 2 shells curious if there is a plug perhaps, or can anyone find any accessories for it, thanks guys any help you can give would be spectacular.

THIS is a repeat, just needed a better title

meaning come and get them
Old June 10, 2005, 10:29 PM   #2
longspurr

Shotty
Winchester started making the Mod 1300 – pump, and 1400 – auto in the early 70’s I believe. The Mod 1500 auto replaced the Mod 1400 auto. If you wander into a gun shop that has gun blue books you should be able to look up dates of manufacture and approximate values.

The Win guns never were as popular as the equivalent Remington guns but I believe lots of them were sold through outlets like Wal-Mart. For general hunting & shooting they are probably good guns. Since you got it from your father use it and enjoy it.

Try using Google and you can pickup some more information – prices –parts
Old June 10, 2005, 10:36 PM   #3
ShottyTim

appreciate th insight long, much appreciated man.

Tim

meaning come and get them
Old June 17, 2005, 02:32 PM   #4
Skeetin'870

Check out gunbroker for the accesories you may need
3 Head on the gun
4 Follow Through
Old June 24, 2005, 10:20 PM   #5
DucksOnThePond

gun was made 1978 - 1982. you can also search midwayusa.com , e-gunparts.com and you can often good good deals on ebay.com for parts and accessories. I know this gun is similar to Winchester Model 1400 but do not know if parts/accessories are compatible. I had a 1400 and it held 2 shells but I do not think there was a plug that could be removed. you should be able to get it to hold 3 shells; load 2 shells, work the action to feed a round to the chamber, and then load another shell.