The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 17, 2009, 08:10 PM   #1
lakebilly

Piggyback4(PB4) help please.

i have a RC Supreme w/PB4 5-station progressive upgrade. i have to babysit every case into sizer, & expander dies, sizer die (hole 1) is out of center w/shell plate about 3/16". i have 3 shell plates i use for (9mm), (.357) (.45). tried 2 of them, same thing! also primer strip issue. doesn't come up far enough to seat primer, and now i can't seem to get the strip out. I have the same issue w/ my Hornady AP primer not coming up far enough!? i talked to a guy @ ammostore today he said his does the same thing & he's going to live w/it. no sense in a progressive if it's more work than a SS! gonna send the die plates back to RCBS if i can't correct it w/ help. i would appreciate the help or suggestions. LB
"Our destruction... From the innattention of the people to the concerns of their government... fail properly to scrutinze their conduct; that in this way they may be made dupes of designing men..." D. Webster
Old March 17, 2009, 09:50 PM   #2
mrayw

RCBS

I can't help you as I use RCBS pro 2000 and hornady lnl ap. Call Rcbs mon thru thursday.Be prepared for a little hold time on phone. I usually ask for Brian or Jeanne but they all are very helpful. You probably need to take primer assembly apart and reseat the two plastic fingers, simple to do. Rcbs will send any parts free you need. For your peace of mind,call them for help rather than continue with the frustration!!
Good luck,Mrayw
Old March 18, 2009, 01:30 AM   #3
j2flan

Yea -- call RCBS. That set-up should work like a fine watch. I also have a PRO2000, If the primer strip is stuck, don`t try to pull it out, you will break the little v part that holds the strip after it advances, best to take the top plate off the APS to remove the strip and make sure all is lined up right. Like what was already said RCBS will send you any parts no charge. Good luck
Old March 18, 2009, 06:39 AM   #4
lakebilly

i called yesterday about the misaligned casing, they told me to send the die plates back. i think it is strange that the one that came w/press and one of the 2 that i bought separetly would have the same issue (coincidently same lot?) i decided i would attempt to load some babysitting. that's when i found the primer seating issue. a little hesitent to dis-assemble. i am determined to work out the bugs in this even if it means packing it up & sending it to CA. Bummer is my Hornady LnL AP (Brand new, about 20 cases loaded, primed by hand)has a primer seating issue & i need to deal w/that. Phone was busy everytime i tried. i will try again. thanks for your posts. LB
"Our destruction... From the innattention of the people to the concerns of their government... fail properly to scrutinze their conduct; that in this way they may be made dupes of designing men..." D. Webster