The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old June 9, 2008, 07:28 AM   #1
Firepower!

Stichken APS!

Well,
I have been collecting firearms quite some time now. I have grown fond of machine pistols over the years. There are a few I have collected and really like, but today its the Stichken day.

Stichken is a great gun which is for some reason over-shadowed by Mauser, not to say I don't like my Mauser. I just think they are both equally unique with Stichken having an edge in terms of smaller and lighter. I also have a fully auto Mauser whose previous owner was King of Afghanistan, Zai'ir Shah. I will put the pics up some other day.

I understand it is hard to obtain a fully auto pistol in the US, but if you guys have a chance do try a few magazines out of this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP2674.JPG (37.5 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2677.JPG (47.1 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2679.JPG (52.5 KB, 135 views)
Old June 9, 2008, 08:37 AM   #2
SDC

Very nice; do you see the silenced versions (the APB) over there very often? If you're able to, I'd like to see some close-ups of the slide markings, as that would show who made it and when (probably Izhevsk).
Old June 9, 2008, 09:32 AM   #3
Firepower!

SDC....there is atleast one silenced one that is out there available. The condition of it was not good so I went with this. I did fire it though. Sounded like my Mp5-SD.

Here is a close up for marking:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP2685.JPG (111.3 KB, 111 views)
Old June 9, 2008, 10:42 AM   #4
SDC

Thanks :-) I think the main thing that has limited the popularity of these types of pistols in the past (aside from the legal hassles) is the way they climb on full-auto, especially if they don't have a shoulder-stock.
Old June 9, 2008, 01:53 PM   #5
Firepower!

Well auto fire in any weapon will have that effect. I believe to effectively fire an auto weapon one must learn how to fire in limited burst of two or three and control the aim while doing so. This takes some training but its really quite easy. I always have my select fires on auto, and control my shots, even when I have to fire single shots.

Its like taming the beast!
Old June 9, 2008, 11:51 PM   #6
predator86

where do you live that you can get all these full auto toys???
Old June 10, 2008, 02:38 PM   #7
Firepower!

Pakistan.
The land of guns and ammo.
Old June 11, 2008, 01:56 AM   #8
predator86

i always thought that living in the middle east would be cool.......tempting.
Old June 11, 2008, 02:40 PM   #9
Firepower!

Well if you like guns and food you will like it here in Pakistan. Its a little odd country that needs getting used to, but when you do its a great place to spend some time of the year- like my professor from Michigan State does every year.

The key to live here lies in two things: Money and Contacts. If you got them you can lay back and enjoy the show.

Off course there are certain places to avoid.

Guns are plenty, just need have dough to get them. I am really torn between stayin here or moving to Colorado.
Old January 8, 2009, 08:38 AM   #10
Firepower!

Here is miy Stichken

Old January 9, 2009, 03:24 AM   #11
omkhan

Quote:
Pakistan.
The land of guns and ammo.
LOL, I can't believe u said that. Where an ordinary citizen like me can't get a rifle except .22. More ordinary people cant even get a license of a handgun/ shotgun let alone a rifle. Although I do agree with the money & contacts thingy.

@rogertc1. No u don't need to be a muslim to live here. Who feeds u with this kind of BS?
Old January 9, 2009, 04:45 AM   #12
rogertc1

"Where an ordinary citizen like me can't get a rifle except .22. More ordinary people cant even get a license of a handgun/ shotgun let alone a rifle."

How can Firepower get all thoes handguns and machine guns?

according to Wikipedia whis is not 100% reliable:

Pakistani citizens and special category of foreigners can legally own firearms. A license is required to purchase a firearm which involves payment of fees, a processing time ranging from a few days to months and registration of the firearm with the local authorities. Present laws allow ownership of handguns of any caliber (at one time this was restricted up to the .38). However, rifles above the .22 caliber are prohibited (excluding those which were bought before this restriction was imposed). Shotguns above 12 gauge are not allowed. A person may keep a firearm at his/her place of residence, in one's vehicle and concealed on person; public display is prohibited (though this law is honored more in the breach than in the observance, especially outside urban areas and in particular by private bodyguards of politicians). Special permits are required for carrying firearms during times when local authorities impose restriction on public gatherings to preempt civil unrest or protests that can turn ugly. In large cities, facilities exist for gun enthusiasts to practice shooting on targets, etc.

How true is this?

Last edited by rogertc1; January 9, 2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old January 9, 2009, 05:24 AM   #13
omkhan

[QUOTE]
However, rifles above the .22 caliber are prohibited (excluding those which were bought before this restriction was imposed)
[/UNQUOTE]
I would like to add that special permits/ license is needed to own anything above that e.g. an AK-47. but again u have to be special to get these special permit.

How can Firepower has all this stuff. well as he him self mentioned earlier: "lots of money and good contacts". He has both, I believe.

In Karachi, there is a state of the art Shooting Range of Pakistan Navy. Civilians can get its membership for a reasonable price after some police background checks etc. However, I never have enough money to get too much ammo to spend lead @ this range so no membership for me. I do visit it with a friend of mine Naval officer though once in a blue moon. See I am a perfect example of the middle class which according to u doesn't exist in Pakistan .
Old January 9, 2009, 01:17 PM   #14
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

Three off-topic messages deleted.

Please confine conversation in the NFA Weapons sub-forum to appropriate topics. Thank you!
Old January 9, 2009, 01:31 PM   #15
Tatsumi67

I WANT ONE!

I would love an APS! not as much as I'd want a VP70M but Id love an APS.

Good job finding one!
Currently schemeing on an AR-15 build.
Old January 12, 2009, 11:15 AM   #16
Firepower!

I also have the VP70M. This handles much better and looks sharper.