The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 8, 2008, 11:47 AM   #1
KCabbage

Good pistol case/bag?

Greetings,
Anyone know of any good soft pistol cases/bags that holds magazines as well? Just large enough to hold full size semi-auto and 3 or 4 mags.
Thanks alot
Take care
Old September 8, 2008, 12:13 PM   #2
kle

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...569&t=11082005 -- I use this one for pretty much everything I do at the range. It comes with two soft gun-pouches which can be held in the zippered side pockets, and a main compartment which can be divided up into three smaller compartments or one main long compartment with side pouches. I've been able to stuff four handguns in there (one in each gun case, and two outside the gun cases but in the same zippered pockets), and it holds my ammo and magazines and earmuffs pretty well. Currently I've got just two handguns in there, a brick of .22s, and my earmuffs...

As to being "just large enough" for one pistol and four mags, no--it's a bit bigger, but it's pretty flexible. And it was pretty inexpensive at about $20.
Old September 9, 2008, 05:02 AM   #3
Stone Cold

I picked up a camo tool bag at Tractor Supply. Many pockets, just the right size, many perfect mag-sized pockets, and it was close out priced at $13. Liked it so much I went back and got the last one. One now carries my range gear, targets, spotting scope, etc., and the other carries my pistol rugs. Look at the tool bags, forget about the fancy-priced "range bags" that won't hold up as well.
Old September 9, 2008, 08:24 PM   #4
ZEBRARANGER

If your looking for a soft sided single pistol case that will hold one pistol and 4 mags, Cheaper Than Dirt has this one. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/CASE050-1.html
The price is right and it fits your description. I bought the double cases for 2 pistols and six mags. I sometimes take 3 or 4 guns to the range with me, two in each of the double cases and then I put them in a larger range bag with the rest of my gear. It protects all 4 in the larger range bag. If your just taking one gun and 4 mags with you, then this will work great, but what about your ammo.
Old September 10, 2008, 05:44 PM   #5
IZinterrogator

These are the bags that Nighthawk pistols come in, they're pretty nice.

Bulldog mini range bag
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old September 10, 2008, 11:21 PM   #6
jetsfan

the midway bag is really nice and is a good price. I caught it on sale and love it.