The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 13, 2008, 09:05 AM   #1
MagicMan

What scope/sight for CX4 Storm?

Slapping an EOTech 512 on my AR. Wouldn't mind one on the CX4 as well, but want to try something different. Tried a red dot (Barska) on my AR and didn't care for it so I don't think I'd go that route. I'd be looking to keep it as far under $300 as I can. Don't want junk, but don't need the best as it's just a range toy.

Suggestions?
Old June 29, 2008, 07:37 AM   #2
friedsooshi

i have the same question. i'm between the EOTech 552 and 553 (recommended to me by someone in the army)
OR
Aimpoint CompM series. or possibly even the T1...
Old June 29, 2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Jermtheory

fried-might want to look at the Aimpoint C3,it'll do everything the M series will...unless you plan on diving with it or using the NV settings.

the T1 is supposed to be excellent(i'd get one over an EOTech personally) and would be pefect for the CX4,but its pricey.
Old June 29, 2008, 04:04 PM   #4
.351winchester

I'm looking for a Bushnell Turkey Scope, as reccomended in BGB, but am having a hard time finding one to check out. It's a low power (1.5x, maybe variable) tube intended for shotguns (IOW, close range with fast aquisition), it features a donut reticle similar to the ACOG or the integral unit on the Steyr AUG, and they cost around 100. Might be something you'd be interested in for your range toy, as it's low cost but not junk, a good match to a pistol cal carbine, not a dot but quick on target and IMO kind of a "fun" sight picture. It's maybe not combat tough like an ACOG or Elcan or even EOTech, but Bushnell's been around a long time and stand up in field conditions season after season.
Might be worth checking out, sounds like a good match if you don't mind the traditional appearance of a small scope.
Old June 29, 2008, 05:02 PM   #5
NINE

XTS-135 XTREME TACTICAL SPEEDDOT RED DOT SIGHT

http://www.burrisoptics.com/xts135.html