The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old December 10, 2007, 04:26 PM   #1
dmxx99

Got a Marlin 780

I bought a Marlin 780 bolt action .22lr today for $140 it is in good shape and everything works smoothly.
I also bought 4 boxes of .22lr and .22 short cb caps it came out to $171 all together.
I am getting the rifle on friday and I will probably get more ammo and some WD40 if I can find some.
Tell me some specs or info about it I looked on the search could not find much out about it except that it was made in the early 70's till late 80's?
I got it because it can take short,long,and Long rifle and it was the best one for the price I saw.
Old December 10, 2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Bigfatts

I don't know much about the 780 but I have never been disappointed with a Marlin .22, you should enjoy it. If you are going to use WD-40 as a lube, don't. After a while it gets gummy and dries up. If you want a cheap lube go get a quart of 5W-30 full synthetic. If you want more specific info on your rifle try here, there's a Marlin forum:

www.rimfirecentral.com