The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 29, 2002, 02:51 AM   #1
glock glockler

Anyone ever fire a Stg44?

I have read that they're very controllable on full auto, the ones that fire from an open bolt, that is. It is supposed to have a constant push-type of recoil instead of other guns that have more of a jackhammer-type recoil.

Thanks

-Samuel Adams

"Give me ten Jesuits and I shall conquer the world"

-Stalin
Old July 29, 2002, 09:52 AM   #2
Oleg Volk
Staff Alumnus

FG42 fires from an open bolt in full auto, closed bolt in semi. STG44 is closed bolt all the way, AFAIK.

What I wonder about is why no war films ever show Germans with SGT44s...after all, a lot of them were made.
Old July 30, 2002, 12:08 PM   #3
BigG

Stg44 is a HEAVY sucker. It must weigh 14 pounds. That could be one reason it is controllable with the small ctg and heavy weight plus straight line design.
o "The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

o "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain

o "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" Paul Harvey

o TODAY WE CARVE OUT OUR OWN OMENS! Leonidas, Thermopylae, 480 BC