The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 3, 2011, 07:24 PM   #1
Winchester_73

SAA clone lockup problem

I own a SAA clone by EMF, the Hartford CT model, and it has been locking it up while being dry fired. The cylinder and hammer freeze and the only way to unlock it is to pull the hammer and trigger simultaneously, drop the hammer and then it frees up. I will go either a fully cylinder revolution or close to it before it locks up, it does not do it every time. In fact, it will almost always work several times in a row.

Anyone idea what could cause this or what parts I should replace? Did someone fan this gun to cause this? I noticed when I got it (bought online) that one of the screws on the side plate was buggered up so I guess someone did mess with it but who knows if they were trying to fix the same problem or if they did something to cause the problem. Any help is appreciated....

Here's a pic, its a nice lookin gun. What a shame that it doesn't work.... I hope that I can fix it myself...

Old February 6, 2011, 01:04 AM   #2
Winchester_73

anyone at all?