The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 13, 2010, 02:00 PM   #1
King of smack

BP stuff LLC

I"m thinking of ordering a pistol from this web site. Has anyone used it and what do you think of the quality of work?
Old July 13, 2010, 10:57 PM   #2
Fingers McGee

I've got two pistols there being worked over now. I'll let you know when they get back.

Have used his round balls and wads for a couple years. They're good.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old July 14, 2010, 12:12 AM   #3
tripe1917

I bought the engraved Pietta 1851 Navy from him last year. The finish he put on the pistol after defraying became splotched along the barrel following the first shooting/cleaning session. I used only hot water and mild soap to clean the barrel. I also noticed that the bluing had faded around the face of the cylinder. He never returned two email messages concerning this issue. Also, the right grip had some noticeable gaps in the fit per Pietta standards. It would have been nice if he had fitted this grip a little better for appearance, but he doesn't mention this kind of service on his gun sales so I just did it myself. Other than that, the pistol shoots well and all other work is nicely done.
Old July 14, 2010, 12:13 AM   #4
tripe1917

I typed defarbing but the auto spelling correction made it defraying.
Old July 16, 2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Deadguy

Yours is the first revolver of mine that I have heard about the finish coming off like that. As I told you earlier, I will be more than happy to re-do that finish on the revolver at no charge.
Old July 18, 2010, 02:56 PM   #6
tripe1917

1851 Navy

I appreciate the offer and we must have had a communications glitch. I sent photos to you but never saw a reply,so I will send you photos at the email address at BPStuff.