The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old December 13, 2007, 11:26 PM   #1
Kaliburz

Hartford Auto Loading Pistol (.22 LR)

Well, a friend asked me to dig up info on this..... and my first thought was to ask here.

This is what he told me:
it is a Hartford Auto Loading pistol, .22 LR. Made about 1931-1932 It's suppose to be very similar to a High Standard model A or B .22LR pistol (he mentioned the Hartford might have been the 'grandfather' to the High Standard A/B).

Any how, he has one that he's trying to find part(s) and a schematic for. I'm not sure what part he needs, but it sounds like something that's related to the main spring, a pin.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old December 14, 2007, 07:24 AM   #2
SDC

Hartford Arms & Equipment went bankrupt in 1932, but was bought out by High Standard afterwards; as far as I can tell, Hartford made two different types of semi-auto pistols AND a manually-operated repeater (something like the Fiala, where you have to cycle the slide by hand after each shot). Depending on what he needs, parts for the High Standard B MIGHT work, but I think it might be worth more to a collector to restore than it would be worth as a shooter. If you do a search for Hartford Arms & Equipment, it comes up with several pictures, so he can nail down which version he has (1925 or Target)
Old December 14, 2007, 08:20 PM   #3
Kaliburz

He's already tried some parts for the High Standard B. He's thinking the A might be closer, but he would like a schematic if possible. The schematic that Gun Parts Corp has in the catalog/online is the model B.

Long story short. The gun was disassembled 'long time ago'. He's gotten it together, but a certain part seems like it is worn....

A Google actually turned up an auction of one on Gun Broker.... went for about $100 or so.