The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 13, 1999, 03:23 PM   #1
Anthony

Does anyone have any experience with Blackhawk Industries equipment?

Opinions?

Currently, I'm looking at one of their cases and a tactical vest.

I've used Eagle Industries Unlimited's stuff and it all performed well, but Blackhawk has some things that fit my needs better.

Thanks.

- Anthony
Old July 13, 1999, 05:42 PM   #2
Mike Baugh

Anthony , I have purchased several Blackhawk cases , holsters and mag pouches . All of them have been first rate . I picked up one of their discreet carry cases for an HBAR II and it was really nice . Botach Tactical has really good prices on Blackhawk stuff but sometimes you wait a long time to get it . If you are in a hurry pay the extra and get it straight from Blackhawk . Good luck , Mike...
Old July 13, 1999, 07:37 PM   #3
OK Computer

I have some blackhawk stuff, its all great. I also have Eagle, which is great too. I choose whichever item suits me best, so I basically have a mix of both.

One thing bothers me though, BlackHawk seems to rip-off some Eagle designs. Or vise-versa. I'm not quite sure. One thing I DO know, is that when I purchased my SOCOM pistol, it came in a camo case made exclusivly for H&K, by Eagle. Blackhawk also makes one, which is EXACTLY the same, called the SOCOM case. My best guess is they copied it.
Old July 13, 1999, 08:01 PM   #4
Geared Up!

May I?
Quality... I cant even comment on. It's all we carry, and for good reason. Now the "waiting" issue... yes, BlackHawk products are sometimes on backorder for a period of time, but ordering directly from BlackHawk is not a guarantee that you will receive your items any quicker. I have received many orders from customers who first tried to place through BlackHawk directly, then waited & waited, then cancelled and called me. BlackHawk makes sure that the dealers needs are served as quickly as possible.

Botach has an excellent reputation and I have heard many good things about them. I'm sure their "wait" time is just as long as ours for out of stock items. The one thing that we do promise are prices better than BlackHawk list prices, free shipping within the US, and we never charge a customer's card prior to shipping (even for long backorder status items). We always get stock availability prior to processing an order and do not process the order if item is out of stock without notification and confirmation from the customer.

If you choose BlackHawk products, which ever dealer you decide on, you will get quality products "made from the toughest stuff on earth and guaranteed for life".

Geri Weaver
http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm
Old July 14, 1999, 10:13 AM   #5
Anthony

Thank you so much for all of the input. If Blackhawk is comparable to Eagle then it's a Blackhawk kind of day. Many of the items I have wished Eagle made for sometime are made by Blackhawk at good prices. No wonder they're backordered.

Geri: Thanks for throwing your had in the ring. Your company's website is very well put together. Once I've decided on my needs, I'll place an order with you. Comparing the prices between you and direct from Blackhawk, on the vest I was going to order, there was a $15 savings in going with you. That's a box of practice ammo, and we can all use a little more practice.

- Anthony
Old July 14, 1999, 12:43 PM   #6
JMB

I have one of Blackhawks pistol cases for my G17 and G19 and love them. I also ordered a tac holster and pistol pouch but returned them when I saw their new products guide and saw they had a new vest that would suit me better. The holster and mag pouch were very well made however. I'm now waiting for my vest. The vest and also the holster and mag pouch were all backordered. But Blackhawk gave me an estimated delivery date and they were all right on. I ordered directly through Blackhawk and I can't say enought about their customer service. It's outstanding. They'll go out of their way to make you happy. Yes, it's likely whatever you're ordering may be out of stock, but it's definately worth the wait.
Old July 14, 1999, 01:23 PM   #7
Geared Up!

Anthony:
Thanks for the compliments! This is a (mostly) one woman show (the husband getting points for getting the idea). I'm glad you found our prices pleasing, and I would like to reassure you that BlackHawk has recently restocked a large amount of product, and turnaround time has been an average of 3 weeks even for things on backorder. While certain holsters & tac vests will be delayed, filling orders has been much quicker in the past month. Just a word of advice for anybody thinking or ordering packs, holsters, tac vests & thigh rigs... as the Y2K panic increases, so will backorder status. Plan well ahead as many items will suddenly become very hard to find as the fall season approaches. Get on a backorder list if you want to secure a popular item, because certain products are out of stock as quickly as they are in stock.

Thanks for letting me throw my hat in.
Geri Weaver
877-449-7669 Toll Free

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm