The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old June 30, 1999, 09:48 AM   #1
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Ever since the forum moved a couple of weeks ago,I have been having problems with the updating of topics.

When I pull up the TFL page,every forum has a bullseye next to it,signifying new posts in that forum,yet,according to "last posted" stamp,some haven't been posted to for a couple of days. Then,when I go to a forum that I know has new posts(L&P),all of the folders on the left are yellow.

Now,I go to preferences and,not changing anything,just save it,and go to profile,and,not changing anything,just save it. Then,the forums will porperly show the bullseyes and bullet holes,and the topics folders will be red. But,the topics showing red will have time stamps two days old,meaning that I see a page and half of "new" topics,although the majority aren't new,as I log on several times a day.

I've reset my preferences and deleted cookies and cleared my cache,and I'm still having this same problem. Any help that can be provided would be appreciated.

Bill
Old June 30, 1999, 11:55 AM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

Shucks Bill, I jess ignaw it and mebbe the critter will go away.

I tried moving threads and couldn't do it.

Mebbe if'n both of us got out of the 19th 'sentry, we'd could git a learn'n how to fix it.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Old July 1, 1999, 12:19 AM   #3
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Bill-
If you're on AOL, it's anyone's guess. Otherwise look for "cookies.*" in our browser folder and delete all references to our site.

Let us know the outcome.
Rich
Old July 1, 1999, 08:42 AM   #4
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Rich,

No,I'm not on AOL.

OK,I just deleted all of the cookies again. I entered the site,and the forums show neither bullseyes or bullet holes. I reset my preferences,and the forums then show just bullet holes-so far so good. So,then I close my browser(Netscape 4.0),reopen it,re-enter TFL,and all of the forums show red bullseyes-not good. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.

Bill
Old July 2, 1999, 11:39 AM   #5
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Bill-
This is strange. When in doubt use the Gates Cure: Reboot.

See if that works. You seem to be half way there. Also, check your Browser settings to make sure that cookies are enabled.
Rich